Hybrid bicycles take characteristics from multiple bikes including road bikes, mountain bikes and touring bikes. As a result, the rider ends up with a bike that can handle multiple terrains and many adventures. A hybrid bike makes an excellent bike for women. Many come with accessories that allow you to carry what you need for work, as well as essentials for a weekend trail ride. This versatile bike style accommodates the everyday challenges of being a woman, including making the most of every resource she has.
Choosing your hybrid bike can be overwhelming, but here are a few tips to help you get started. First, establish a budget and then research the best hybrid bike you can get for your money. Next, decide your main purpose for wanting a hybrid bike. Are you looking primarily to commute to work or are you seeking adventure first? Be sure to understand the types of bikes and their primary features. There are several styles including cruiser bikes, comfort bikes, fitness bikes, and city and commuter bikes. Finally, buy from a dedicated bike shop. Not only will you be dealing with the experts on hybrid bikes, but they will be able to professionally assemble your new hybrid bike.
Following are a list of ten hybrid bicycles for today’s woman to consider and why:
10. Diamondback Bicycles Women’s Calico Dual Sport Bike
Whether you are biking to work, getting your workout in, going off-road, or enjoying a leisurely weekend bike ride, the Diamondback Calico Dual Sport bike will provide a smooth, comfortable and safe ride. This sport bike is equipped with a lightweight frame that is designed to last. The bike is also equipped with Tektro disc brakes to ensure safe and smooth braking. Frame sizes available include 14″, 16″, 18″ and 20″.
- The Calico Dual Sport Bike is a great bike if you’re looking for quality, comfort and flexibility in your ride options.
- It does not, however come with a kickstand, so if that is an important feature you will have to install an aftermarket kickstand.
9. Raleigh Alysa 2 Women’s Urban Fitness Bike
The Alysa 2 women’s performance Hybrid bike comes with a sporty design, aluminum frame and flat handlebars which make it ideal for a stylish and comfortable city ride, trail ride or your commute into work. The frame was designed specifically for females and comes with 24 speeds and the 700c wheels contribute to better speed.
- The included rack and fender mounts ensure you are always ready for your next adventure.
- The only downside is assembly. If you can, leave this step to the professionals.
8. XDS Women’s Cross 300 24-Speed Step-Through Hybrid Bicycle, 44cm
The XDS Women’s Cross 300 24-Speed Step-Through Hybrid Bicycle has been said to be one of the top women’s hybrid bikes on the market today due strongly to the fact that you get an excellent quality bike that can handle any terrain for a reasonable price. It comes equipped with a 44cm Lightweight Aluminum Alloy Hybrid Frame and a Shimano 24-speed shifter. With a sturdy 44cm frame, this hybrid bike is designed to take city streets and hard surfaces at great speeds, but is also capable of tackling off-road trails.
- Diverse bike good on multiple surfaces
- One disadvantage is that you have to adjust your own brakes, so it may take a few rides to get them how you prefer them.
7. Schwinn Network 2.0 700c Women’s 16 Hybrid Bike
The Schwinn Network 2.0 700c Women’s 16 Hybrid Bike comes with a steel hybrid frame and a Schwinn suspension fork that lends itself to smooth rides and endurance for the tough hills. Micro shift 7 speed twist shifters allow for fast and accurate shifting, while front and rear alloy brakes help you stop securely. It also comes with a soft hybrid seat with springs, as well as a suspension seat post that provide ultimate comfort. The bike also comes with full fenders and a rear cargo rack and has alloy wheels.
- Comfortable, safe and convenient
- While this is a great bike, it can be cumbersome to assemble so if you can leave it to the bike professionals, that would be ideal.
6. Raleigh Alysa 1 Women’s Urban Fitness Bike
The Alysa 1 women’s hybrid bike is considered an entry-level bike geared specifically towards fitness. It is a great bike for commuting to work or just taking a ride on city roads or Greenways. It comes equipped with 35c tires that are fast while providing a smooth ride, but they are also wide enough for a fun off-road path ride.
- It has 21 speeds and comes equipped with fender and rack mounts. It is also designed specifically for the female frame, this bike offers great value and an excellent ride.
- This bike doesn’t seem very well suited for those that are on the shorter side, however and most find that they need to have the brakes professionally installed. Having a professional assemble is probably best case scenario. All in all it’s a great bike at an amazing price.
5. Diamondback Bicycles Women’s 2019 Clarity 2 Complete Performance Hybrid Bike
The Diamondback Women’s 2019 Clarity performance hybrid bike is a true performance bicycle with formed /hooded top tube, an aluminum frame and is available in 14″, 16″, 18″ and 20″ frames. Its Kenda Kwick Trax 700x32c tires provide a graceful ride on hard surfaces and can handle even the toughest trails. It also comes with Shimano 7-speed Drivetrain that offers a good range of gears and disc brakes that slow down easily.
- This bike is perfect for the adventure seeker and/or the commuter biking to work.
- The only real downside is that you really need a professional to assemble the bike.
4. Schwinn Capitol Women’s Hybrid Bicycle
The Schwinn Capitol Women’s Hybrid Bicycle has a lightweight, aluminum frame. The Shimano 21-speed EZ-Fire shifters w/Shimano rear derailleur offer smooth gear shifting. This hybrid bike stops with ease due to its Alloy linear pull brakes. Its ideal terrain is paved trails and city streets. The adjustable suspension seat adds to the comfort of the bike and the lightweight frame allows for easy transport of items to your favorite riding destinations.
- Comfortable, easy to ride, adjustable seat
- The frame is built really tall for a female bike, so if you are closer to five feet, your feet may not touch the ground. Other than that, it’s a great bike that offers a smooth and safe ride.
3. Schwinn Women’s Siro Hybrid Bicycle
The Schwinn Siro Hybrid Bicycle is the solution for all of the women who feel that the other Schwinn Hybrid bikes are just too tall. Many complained that their feet did not touch the ground when on the other bicycles. This 16″ aluminum frame challenges this problem. It is equipped with a 21 speed rear derailleur and Shimano EZ Fire shifters. The wheels have alloy rims and it comes with a “swept-back” handlebar for a comfortable, upright riding position.
- Great bike for those with shorter stature. Diverse and comfortable.
- It may be worth your while to purchase better pedals for this bike as they are known to not have great grip when riding up hills.
2. Diamondback Bicycles 2019 Women’s Vital 2 Complete Hybrid Bike
The Diamondback Bicycle 2019 women’s Vital 2 complete hybrid bike is a good combination of your comfortable everyday bike, while performing like a road bike. Available frame sizes include 15″ and 17″. It comes with large 700C tires, ensuring a smooth and comfortable ride. The aluminum frame is sturdy, but lightweight. It also comes with a DB Deluxe Hybrid Double Density Base for added riding comfort. Other than the shifting gears seeming to be a bit of an issue not shifting as smoothly as some of the higher end bikes, it’s a great value and a good bike.
- Diverse, comfortable ride. Lightweight and sturdy.
- Shifting gears are a bit rough
1. Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike
The Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid bike is equipped with anything you might need for a safe, smooth commute to work or a leisurely ride on a bike path. It has an aluminum frame, padded seat and an SR Suntour suspension for shock absorption. You can change gears smoothly and quickly with the 21-speed SRAM. It features alloy linear pull brakes for easy slowing down and stopping. And, for your added convenience, this bike comes with a rear gear carrier for whatever you need to take along to get through the day.
- Room to carry your gear, comfortable, padded ride. The bike offers a very smooth ride.
- It’s a really tall bike and is difficult to assemble on your own.
There are many choices when it comes to choosing a women’s hybrid bike, but this allows you as the rider to choose something that fits within your budget and is best suited for your riding style. Hybrid bikes are both practical and fun to ride. Choose your adventure and ride on!
More From My Site