Most homeowners and landscapers find it difficult when it comes to cutting grass. Even though there is other equipment used to cut grass around home yards like push lawn mowers, it becomes a challenge when you want to cut a vast area of grass using these smaller tools. Essentially, riding lawn mowers and tractors are those mowers that the person cutting the grass rides on as opposed to pushing mowers. If you are covering a vast land of grass riding mowers and tractors may come in handy.
Since they work like vehicles, they require minimal operation efforts since they provide better handling features than push mowers. Tractor models also provide you with the chance to incorporate various accessories like plows that remove snow, trailers to haul feed for livestock as well as attachments that can be essential to plow the garden.
If you are tired of pushing your lawn mower and pondering to acquire a riding mower or a tractor, there are key tips to consider in making a good choice when purchasing this equipment. They include;
Engine power: This is an important consideration though not the only thing to take into account. Ensure that the engine of the tractor or riding mower is of top quality with best oil filtering and cooling system.
Cutting path: Lawn mower tractors and riding lawn mowers come in a variety of sizes regarding cutting decks. In case you have a small garden or yard, a smaller deck can suit you and vice visa.
Maintenance schedule: even when frequent tune-ups and maintenance are essential for your lawn tractor and lawn mower, it is critical to consider elements that can help protect the engine and cut repair costs.
Now that you know the benefits of tractor mowers and riding mowers and basic features to consider when buying the best equipment that gives value to your money, here are top 10 best riding lawn mowers and tractors to make your choice.
Table of Contents
- 10. Swisher TWR10532BS 10.5HP Ride King B&S Ztr, Red, White & Black, 32ʺ
- 9. Troy-Bilt FAB Deck Electric Start Lawn Tractor
- 8. Swisher ZTR2454BS Response 24HP 54-Inch B&S ZTR Mower
- 7. Troy-Bilt 540cc Briggs & Stratton Intek Automatic Riding Lawnmower
- 6. Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Front-Engine Riding Mower (Lt 42 In. 18 Hp)
- 5. Husqvarna YTA24V48 24V Fast Continuously Variable Transmission Pedal Tractor Mower, 48ʺ/Twin
- 4. Poulan Pro Briggs 20HP, Fast Auto Drive Cutting Deck Riding Mower
- 3. Poulan Pro Briggs V-Twin Pro 24 HP Cutting Deck Zero Turn Radius Riding Mower, a 54-Inch
- 2. Husqvarna RZ3016 30-Inch 16.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Gas Powered Zero Turning Riding Lawn Mower
- 1. Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
10. Swisher TWR10532BS 10.5HP Ride King B&S Ztr, Red, White & Black, 32ʺ
This is reminiscent of the original Swisher zero turn mower. It is the new innovated and re-engineered to meet the present requirements of safety and comfy elements. This 32ʺ turn mower is an electric start that characterizes a powerful 10.5 HP 344cc Briggs and Stratton engine; tilt steering, anti-scalp wheels as well as anti-bump rollers. It is flexible in turning around with 360 degrees turning radius. It has a 34ʺ width which makes it the most compact riding mower designed to fit through all standard gate and lawns.
- Easily adjustable cutting height
- Excellent maneuverability in any direction
- Not eligible for international shipping
9. Troy-Bilt FAB Deck Electric Start Lawn Tractor
This lawn tractor characterizes a new 54ʺ amazing glide discharge mowing deck plus a foot-control hydrostatic transmission and cruise regulator. It has a 25 HP premium Twin Cylinder Kohler 7000 series power-driven start engine. It also features a reverse capability which makes it easy to mow.
- Adjustable deck of 12 different positions
- Comfy seat and an arm rest
- High engine power of 25HP
- Designed for large residential lawns and fields only
8. Swisher ZTR2454BS Response 24HP 54-Inch B&S ZTR Mower
This riding lawn mower features a rapid response control system that provides comfy and excellent control. It similarly features elements like a 24HP engine, 11-gauge invented cutting deck and a 3-Gator mulching cutting edge, compartment battery, 12-Volt converter and a forward-facing and a rear hitch.
- Easy maneuverability
- Hydro gear 2800 transmissions
- Not for sale in California
7. Troy-Bilt 540cc Briggs & Stratton Intek Automatic Riding Lawnmower
This lawn mower is powered by 19HP, 540cc Briggs, and a Stratton Intek engine plus a foot-pedal automatic transmission. It features a 46ʺ slide discharge mowing deck and reverses mowing capabilities. This lawn mower also permits adjusting of the height deck to 5 different positions.
- Has through frame for easy in and out access
- Comfortable mid-back seat
- Foot-pedal automatic transmission
- Its operations are a bit complicated as compared to hydrostatic transmission
6. Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Front-Engine Riding Mower (Lt 42 In. 18 Hp)
This riding lawn mower features a 18HP Kohler Hydrostatic gas front-engine. It is more aggressive and masculine than other riding lawn mowers.
- Durable and cuts grass evenly
- Easy to maintain
- Slightly less powerful engine 18HP
5. Husqvarna YTA24V48 24V Fast Continuously Variable Transmission Pedal Tractor Mower, 48ʺ/Twin
The Husqvarna YTA24V48 is a riding mower with a 48-inch secured 13 gauge steel deck that provides performance with high superiority outcomes. It also features a foot-pedal controlled auto transmission that needs less effort to drive and control.
- Powerful engine
- Impressive in mowing slopes and hills
- Not backed by a warranty
4. Poulan Pro Briggs 20HP, Fast Auto Drive Cutting Deck Riding Mower
Poulan mowing tractor features a 20HP V-twin engine and a quick starting pedal control auto drive. It also offers a 46ʺ cutting deck, 4 gauge wheels, 13ʺ middle back seat, headlights, and a 16ʺ turning radius.
- Easy to repair
- Easy to operate and control
- Powerful engine 20HP
- Poor craftsmanship
- Maintenance is costly
3. Poulan Pro Briggs V-Twin Pro 24 HP Cutting Deck Zero Turn Radius Riding Mower, a 54-Inch
The Poulan Pro 96733001 P54ZX features a 24 HP Briggs V-twin pro engine and a hydro gear EZT transmission. This riding mower characterizes a deck which can be adjusted to 6 various positions, smooth electric clutch blade engagement, 18ʺ rear tires and a comfort high back seat. Moreover, it has a 54ʺ reinforced cutting deck that is backed by a 10-year warranty.
- Higher level of maneuverability,
- Longer lasting riding mower
- High power engine 24HP
- Unfastened belt
- Plastic seat
2. Husqvarna RZ3016 30-Inch 16.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Gas Powered Zero Turning Riding Lawn Mower
The RZ3016 has raised the bar on compact size riding lawn mowers minus compromising performance. It features a rugged steel tube frame, simple control operation elements, maintenance free drive system, and a high-performance mowing deck. It also features a 12-volt electric start, 4ʺ maximum mowing height, foam padded levers and 3-gallon gas tank.
- It’s a zero turn mower
- Powerful engine 16HP
- Easy maneuverability
- Features a single blade, thus not cutting very evenly
- Has a complex mower blade and height levers
1. Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
The Troy-Bilt riding lawn mower is powered by a 382cc Auto Choke OHV engine that has a 6-speed transmission with a top forward speed of 4.25 MPH. It features a 30-inch mowing deck with five adjustable positions, a 18ʺ turning radius and a physical control take-off for an easy cutting edge engagement.
- Offered with 2-year warranty
- Provides bag attachments
- A slippery foot-rest area