LG is the foremost maker of refrigerators, many of which offer water and ice dispensers. With a filtration system, your water is contamination free and it’s practical in that you can have filtered water on tap without splurging on bottled counterparts. Having a filter in place in the system ensures that the quality of water stays pure and crisp.
Most ideally, the easiest way to pick the right filter for your fridge is to remove the existing one as an example. This ensures your replacement filter is the correct fit for the refrigerator. Next you’ll want to look at the specifications and efficacy of whatever design you choose. Some may have a higher water yield capacity, but at a high price tag. Next we’ll provide a broad list of LG filter options to help guide this process and ensure the best decision is made for your fridge.
Table of Contents
10. LG Ultimate M7
The M7 filter is 13.8 x 3 x 2.5 inches weighs 1.1 lbs. It can process approximately 300 gallons of water. It is intended to be used in place of the ADQ32617701, M7251242FR-06, ADQ32617703, M7251242F06, and ADQ32617701 filters.
- This first filter has a super affordable price tag. Since it is used as a generic, users won’t have to dig too deeply into their pockets for this one.
- Some found that this particular filter was not as durable as other models. It may need to be replaced more often.
9. LG 5231JA2006F
This filter is 2.6 x 2.6 x 12.4 inches and weighs 13.6 oz. This filter can process about 300 gallons of water.
- This filter lasts much longer than the M7 and allows water to flow freely through it without becoming easily clogged. It is also compatible with a huge number of LG refrigerators so purchasers should see their user manuals to make sure this is a fit for their unit.
- Users of this product may find that this model does not fully filter out all debris matter. It also carries a slightly higher price point.
8. LG ABN73019101 Bypass Plug
This product is 7 x 1.2 x 0.5 inches and weighs .8 oz. Interestingly, it is not a filter, it is instead used in place of a filter. Many homes have filtration systems outside of their refrigerators, but still wish to use the water/ice dispensing feature. The bypass plug is used instead of the filter so the water functions can still be used. It fits the following units: GRL28ANSPP, GRL28ANQPP, GRL28ANVPP, GRL288NVJP, LFX25976SW, GRL258VSXZ, 71056, GRL288NTXP, LFX25976SB, GRL288NQJP, LFX25976ST, LFX28978SB, LFX28978ST, LFX28978SW, GRL258VQXZ, LMX28988SB, GRL258VVXZ, LMX28988ST, GRL288NSJP, and LMX28988SW.
- If this is the route taken, it is extremely cost effective. They also tend to last an exceptionally long time.
- There is no added filtration protection that so many seek when they purchase a system that has water/ice distribution options.
- Some may also find that this unit needs to be taken out and cleaned occasionally.
7. LG ADQ72910901
This filter is 6 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches and weighs 11.7 oz. It has a 300 gallon capacity.
- This filter is another money saver, it has an extremely affordable price tag and fits a huge number of refrigerators so users should see their user manuals to make sure this is a fit for their unit.
- Some say this filter doesn’t completely eliminate odor from the water or it can sometimes leave it’s own chemical taste.
6. LG 5231JA2006A 2-Pack
This filter is 12.6 x 4.9 x 2.5 inches and weighs 1.5 pounds. It can process 300 gallons of water.
- These filters come in a two pack, so with one purchase you are ensuring a year worth of filtration. It works it with a huge variety of side-by-side refrigerator options so users should see their user manuals to make sure these are a fit for their unit.
- Through many distributors, this filter is not available so some may find it difficult to find or may see price jacking from the places that it is available.
5. LG ADQ73613401
This filter is 1.6 x 1.6 x 6.8 inches and weighs 8 oz. It has a 200 gallon water capacity. This filter works with the following LG models: LSXS22423W, LMXS30746S, LMXC24746S, LSXS26326W, LSXS26466S, LSXS26366S, LSXS26326S, LSC22991ST, LSXS26326B, LSXS22423S, LMXS30776S, and LSXS22423B.
- This is another extremely cost effective unit. Most find that it performs all of it’s primary functions perfectly (eliminates odor, no residual debris, etc.).
- Unfortunately, this filter does not fit as many types of refrigerators. It also doesn’t have a very high water capacity as some models.
4. LG 5231JA2006
This filter is 2 x 2 x 13 inches and weighs 8 oz. It has a 300 gallon water capacity.
- Customers can expect this filter to perform all it’s primary filter functions nicely. It removes pollutants, odors, eliminates any chlorine taste, etc. It’s price is mid range so it won’t set customers too far back. It works for a huge list of refrigerators, so users should see their user manuals to see if it is a good fit.
- Unfortunately with this model there are “A” and “B” versions. Some complained of inconsistency with the “A” model. It has less water flow and more contaminants got through.
3. LG LT700P 2-pack
This filter is 7.8 x 3.6 x 2 and weighs 5 oz. It has a 200 gallon water capacity. In general, this filter is said to fit with most refrigerators up to 7 years ago, but customers should see their user manuals to ensure it will work with their model.
- This product comes in a two pack, so people can get a year’s worth of filtration in one swoop.
- This twin pack comes with a slightly hefty price considering the inferior water capacity to some of the other options.
2. LG LT500P
This filter is .4 x .4 x .4 inches and weighs .2 oz. It can process 500 gallons of water. Customers can expect this filter to fit the following models: LFX25973SB, LSC27910SB, LFX25973SW, LFX25974SB, LFX25974ST, LFX25974SW, LSC21943ST, LSC23924SB, LSC23924ST, LSC27925SW, LFX25973ST, LSC27910ST, LSC27914SB, LSC27910TT, LSC27910SW, LSC27914ST, LSC27914SW, LSC27921SB, LSC27921ST, LSC27921SW, LSC27921TT, LSC27925SB, LSC27925ST, and LSC23924SW.
- This filter has a great price tag with a really high water processing capacity. It does a lot of work without breaking the bank.
- Much like other types of filters with this configuration, some may notice a slight, unpleasant taste to their water.
1. LG ADQ36006101
This filter is 11 x 2 x 2.4 inches and weighs .8 oz. It has a 200 gallon capacity.
- This is another filter with a great price that also fits a huge list of models. Customers should see their user manuals to make sure it’s a good fit.
- There aren’t too many bad things about this last one other than the low water capacity. Some found the filter needing to be changed more often.
Note: All filters should be changed every 6 months whether the water processing capacity has been reached or not.
The above is a very comprehensive list of filters that are available and between the ten, users should be able to find one that fits their refrigerator. Each one will help give users some peace of mind, allowing them to know their water is being passed through a filter that dispenses the best possible water for consumption.
More From My Site