Gluten is a blend of organic proteins found in cereal grasses like wheat and oats. It’s a thick, elastic compound that gives dough it’s chewy consistency. However, people with Celiac’s Disease or similar problems can’t digest gluten well. To maintain essential proteins in the diet they may use gluten-free protein powders. Other people avoid gluten as a dietary choice.
The protein in powders usually comes from soy, whey, casein (dairy), or various vegan blends. Some people may have health or flavor issues with these substances. It’s important to choose a product that fits your dietary and fitness needs. You must also consider factors such as nutritional content, carbs, taste, or how it mixes with other ingredients. There are a number of protein powders available; here are the 10 best gluten-free products.
10. CLICK Coffee Protein Drink Mix, Vanilla Latte
This an espresso-flavored drink mix combining 15 grams of protein, 120 calories, and 23 vitamins and minerals in each 12-ounce serving. CLICK is based on real double-shot espresso, not synthetic flavoring or colors. Natural caffeine helps boost your energy. It makes a convenient and nutritious alternative to jump-start your day.
- Provides enough nutrition to skip breakfast on a busy day.
- Appetite suppressants get you through until lunch time.
- Only 6 grams of sugar per serving.
- The 16-ounce size doesn’t really last long, depending on how strong you mix it.
9. Quest Nutrition Protein Powder
This is a chocolate milkshake-flavored product with 23 grams of protein, only 2 grams of carbs, and is completely free of soy and gluten. It’s 110 calories per scoop, with an estimated 29 servings in the 2-pound container. The protein content is provided from whey and milk casein isolates. It contains no artificial flavorings and is sweetened with Stevia and sucralose.
- Tastes great
- Mixes easily. No blender or shaker necessary, .
- Comes in additional flavors.
- It may be a little sweet for some palates.
- Quest’s powder is a little high on sodium at 150 milligrams.
8. Vega Protein & Greens
Vega’s powder comes in an 18.5 ounce tub that promises 25 servings. This is a vegan blend with 20 grams of protein from several plant sources. It has a little over 110 calories per serving, and is certified all-natural with no GMOs, gluten, or artificial flavorings. The list of healthy vegan ingredients includes spinach, kale, alfalfa, and broccoli.
- Comes in a variety of flavors like Vanilla, Chocolate, Almond, and Berry.
- No sugar or dairy.
- Pleasant flavor no matter how it’s mixed, including water.
- Vega Protein can have a chalky texture if not mixed well with sufficient liquid.
7. Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Powder
Muscle Milk’s product comes in a hefty 2.5 pound container, and offers a top-end 32 grams of protein per serving for building muscle. This mix provides all 9 essential amino acids with a time-released formula, as well as 20 vitamins and minerals. It’s perfect for recovering from an intense workout or just feeling better throughout the day. Muscle Milk is gluten-free and high in fiber.
- Chocolate flavor and smooth texture allows you to add it to cakes, brownies, and other foods without spoiling the taste.
- Mixes easily with almost any liquid.
- Stimulates both mental and physical energy.
- The recommended serving contains 310 calories, which might be a bit much if you’re just looking for a supplement rather than fueling your workout.
- For delicate palates, the soy content can overpower the chocolate.
6. PlantFusion Complete Protein Powder
The tasty Vanilla Bean powder contains no rice or soy. A one-pound container provides up to 15 servings with 21 grams of plant proteins and 120 calories each. Formulated to provide special digestive enzymes, it helps to reduce stress and manage appetite. There’s no dairy, soy, eggs, or nuts. It’s also non-GMO and gluten-free. It contains natural vanilla flavor and added sweetness from Stevia.
- Contains several grams per serving of essential proteins like leucine and glutamine.
- There are no animal products used.
- Pleasant vanilla taste and aroma.
- Mixes easily with other additions like fruits or peanut butter.
- Claims to be sugar-free but contains fructose, a common sweetener high in sugar.
- It’s very light and powdery out of the container, so you could be inhaling it if not careful.
5. Vega One All-In-One Plant Based Protein Powder
This is not only gluten-free, but each serving gives you a full 50 percent of recommended daily allowances for essential vitamins and minerals, probiotics, and 25 percent of daily fiber. Added Omega-3 compounds provide plenty of antioxidants. Each serving provides 20 grams of plant-based proteins. Vega One is certified vegan with no GMOs, gluten, dairy, or soy.
- A wide variety of nutritious natural ingredients including fruits, organic spices, flaxseed, spinach, broccoli, kale, and many more.
- Smooth, even taste and mixing.
- Vanilla Chai flavor is fairly unique and surprisingly pleasant.
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Small container provides only 10 servings.
- Some users report digestive problems at first. Start with smaller amounts.
4. Garden of Life RAW Meal Replacement
Garden of Life’s protein powder is meant as a nutritional, low-carb meal replacement supplement for those trying to lose weight or having digestive issues. Its a vegan, gluten-free drink mix providing 20 grams of protein per serving, along with 21 vitamins and minerals.
- Plenty of organic nutrition, including added probiotics, in a 36-ounce tub.
- Provide 45 superfoods in each serving, including flax, pumpkin, and chia seeds, spinach, buckwheat, asparagus, and more.
- Some consumers have found the taste unpleasant unless mixed with fruits into a genuine smoothie.
3. Amazing Grass Green Superfood Original
Amazing Grass prides themselves on using only organic ingredients, such as American-grown fresh greens and natural fruits in combination with superfoods introduced from around the world. Each container provides up to 30 eight-ounce servings. It contains no GMOs, gluten, or sugar.
- Easy on digestion
- Smooth texture.
- The taste of the greens is strong and it may be better added to a smoothie.
2. Sports Research Premium Collagen Peptides
This product contains collagen peptides. Collagen is essential to cell growth and sustaining healthy bones and joints, and is also considered important to overcoming illness and even slowing the aging process. Premium’s collagen comes from grass-fed cows. Contains no gluten, GMOs, soy, or dairy.
- Plays a central role in physical recovery and mental health.
- Great for regaining more elastic, youthful skin.
- Unflavored and is best mixed with milk or fruit smoothies.
- It can tend to clump, so thorough mixing is required.
1. Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder
Orgain powder comes in a 2-pound container providing 21 grams of plant proteins, 150 calories, and 5 grams of fiber per serving. It’s gluten free with no artificial additives. Natural, non-GMO ingredients include pea and brown rice proteins, chia seed, hemp. sunflower oil, rosemary, rice bran, and natural cocoa. Certified USDA Organic with no soy or dairy.
- Delicious creamy chocolate fudge flavor
- Mixes easily into a satisfying milkshake but just as good with water.
- Works very well as a meal replacement drink or energy booster.
- Slow to dissolve even when vigorously shaken or stirred.
More From My Site