G-Shock watches, created by Casio, are ideal for sports people, military or any person leading an active lifestyle. The watches are designed to operate in harsh environments and as such come with features such as resistance to water, shock dust and pressure. Besides telling time and date, these watches can act as stopwatches, alarm, show tide graph, show temperature, act as a compass, barometer and altimeter and synchronize atomic time.
Though there are G-Shock watches with all these features, most will only have a set of features. Granted, consider the intended use of a watch, digital features and form factor when shopping for a watch. You can buy new (digital) watches or analog watches. Below are reviews of the best G-Shock watches to help you get through the shopping process.
Table of Contents
- 10. Casio Men’s GD100-1BCR Multi-Functional Digital G-Shock Sport Watch
- 9. G-Shock Military GA-110 Watch
- 8. G-Shock G9000MS-1CR Sport Watch
- 7. Men’s G-Shock RANGEMAN
- 6. G-Shock GD-100-1B Watch
- 5. Casio G-Shock GA110-1B Military Watch
- 4. Casio Men’s GW-9400-1CR Solar Watch
- 3. Casio Men’s GW7900B-1 G-Shock Solar Sport Watch
- 2. G-SHOCK GA 100-1A1 Military Series Watch for Men
- 1. Casio G-Shock DW-9052-1CCG Sport Watch
10. Casio Men’s GD100-1BCR Multi-Functional Digital G-Shock Sport Watch
The GD100-1BCR G-Shock Sport Watch is an all-black shock resistant time piece that features automatic LED light and World time. Other features include countdown timer, 12/24-hour formats, five alarms, 1/100 second stopwatch, flash alert, and multi-time. This water resistant watch is ideal for marine activities. The molded resin band is easy on the wrist of the wearer and comes with a buckle for safe closure.
- Can work under water up to 200m
- Built-in battery which means no replacing batteries
- Stylish matte black look
- Band not durable
9. G-Shock Military GA-110 Watch
Gold-tone subdial is the most impressive and unique feature on this watch. Other helpful features include world time, stopwatch and countdown. Regardless of the size of your wrist, you can still wear this watch because it has an adjustable band. This watch has impressive features including 4 display windows, led illumination as well as 4 alerts every day.
- Adjustable band makes it ideal for everyone, including those with large wrists
- Split screen showing day, time, date and month
- Water resistant to 200 meters
- Analog hands are not very clear in telling time.
8. G-Shock G9000MS-1CR Sport Watch
The G-Shock G 9000MS-1CR has a black matte, stealth finish that makes it look trendy. It features hourly time signal, five alarms, auto LED backlight, 1/100 sec stopwatch, countdown timer, 12/24 hour formats. Its resin band has buckle closure, while its quartz movement comes with digital display. It has a multi-display window showing month, date, time and day.
- Buckled resin band for safety
- Water resistant, best for surface water sports and marine activity
- Low temperature resistant
- Options for 29 time zones
- The red color on the numbers makes it hard to read time against the black background
7. Men’s G-Shock RANGEMAN
If you work in grueling and tough conditions, this rugged and strong timepiece is just what you need given its design and engineering. The Shock Resistant Triple Sensor helps the watch to maintain altitude, direction readings, barometric pressure, and temperature whenever you need to use them. A metal cover is fitted to protect the sensor button from lateral impact and foreign matter. All sensor modes have their own audio tones as well. The impressive watch also entails sunrise/sunset data, one-touch elapsed time measurement, and one-touch time recording.
- Mud resistant
- 200m water resistant,
- Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping
- Low temperature resistant
- World time
- Wrist band will get scratched in harsh conditions
- Display not clear in broad daylight
6. G-Shock GD-100-1B Watch
The Casio G-Shock GD -100-1B Watch is large and comes with a wide and all digital face, which shows sturdiness. Its oversize buttons also make it easy for reading time. There is also high-density LED light that lights up its dial face from the back to ensure that the display is clear. The watch features multi-time showing up to four different cities. It also features an auto-calendar, five alarms and 12/24 hour formats.
- LED backlight for enhanced display
- Elegant look and lightweight
- Weak Strap
5. Casio G-Shock GA110-1B Military Watch
This timepiece offers a blend of analog and digital features and functionalities. The Casio G-Shock GA110-1B features a subdial and four display windows. You will also get four daily alerts and benefit from LED illumination. It sports time countdown and stop watch features. Its bandwidth is 29 millimeters while its band and dial colors are both black. Other special features include Chronograph, World time and dual-Time-display
- World time as well as 29 city-designated time zones
- Pre-programmed calendar until 2099
- Speed dial so small
- Backlight feature not effective during the day
4. Casio Men’s GW-9400-1CR Solar Watch
This watch has some amazing features including Multi-Band Atomic timekeeping, tough solar, Triple Sensor (compass, Thermometer an Altimeter /Barometer). There are also sunrise and sunset date, Mb6 atomic timekeeping, time stamp, four alarms, auto LED, 1/10-second stop watch, buckle closure, countdown timer, storage battery and Full auto LED. The battery is solar rechargeable with a power indicator. On full charge, this battery can last up to 7 months.
- Solar rechargeable long-life battery
- Mud resistant
- Sealed case and buttons to prevent dust, dirt and mud from getting into the watch
- Sensor affected by time
- Edges trap debris
3. Casio Men’s GW7900B-1 G-Shock Solar Sport Watch
The G-Shock GW7900B-1 is a solar powered sport watch that features atomic time keeping, world time up to 48 cities, 1/100 stopwatch, 12/24 hour formats, EL backlight, 31 time-zones, tide/moon graph, and a calendar among others. Its 50mm resin case and resin band with buckle make the watch elegant and wearable. It has a digital display that is clear during the day as well as during the night. It is offered with Japanese quartz movement which makes it accurate in telling time.
- EL backlight lets you access time wherever you are day or night
- Wide band with a silver buckle will allow you to get a custom fit
- Weather resistance
- Shock resistant
- The watch feels bulky
2. G-SHOCK GA 100-1A1 Military Series Watch for Men
The GA 100-1A1 is offered with all the great features that make G-Shock watches popular among individuals with active lifestyles. It is among other watches in the X-Large series. Its matte black resin band makes it wearable while its black face makes the watch camouflage with different settings and gives the watch an elegant appearance. It also features a countdown timer and a 1/1000 stopwatch. The watch’s battery lasts up to 2 years.
- LED Light with Afterglow
- World Time
- 29 time zones (48 cities)
- Daily alarms
- Feels bulky especially on people with small wrists
- Light only shines on the analog side and not the digital side
1. Casio G-Shock DW-9052-1CCG Sport Watch
The G-Shock DW-9052-1CCG is a digital watch with a black face and a black resin band. It boasts features such a 24 hour stopwatch, countdown timer and 200M water resistance. People who enjoy daily wear, swimming, running in mud and dirt will really enjoy this watch. It sports a sophisticated design that looks great on the wearer.
- Highly durable
- Good value for money
- It may not fit people with large hands
If you are in the military or into sports, these watches are ideal for you. The G-Shock series by Casio has been in the market for nearly 25 years and with each year, the design gets better. Like earlier mentioned, the best watch for you will be determined by your intended use. While one watch may be good for your friend, it does not mean it will suit you.
More From My Site