Are you planning to purchase an electric string trimmer soon? If you are, you will need to know how to identify the best electric string trimmers and edgers. For instance, it is appropriate to purchase electric string trimmers and edgers that take less time to charge and offer maximum usage time. Also, consider the price of the electric string trimmers during your purchase. You should also consider the cost of string refills for each model before making a purchase.
10. Earthwise ST00115 15-inch
- Features a comfort grip handle
- It has a guard to prevent flip-downs
- Comes with a three-position cutting edge with a 15 inch width
- The machine comes with an extra handle that has pads for comfortable use.
- It has a fifteen-inch swatch edge that makes it is fast.
- Its 15 inch string trimmer makes trimming easy
- Has a rotating handle that ensures that the tool can transition easily from a trimmer to an edger
- The tool’s automated dual line feed is easy to operate.
- Efficient for simple tasks only
9. BLACK DECKER ST8600
This trimmer requires one hour only for a full charge. The product is cordless making it easy for the user to move around with it.
- Provides the user with a decent running time once fully charged. Once you acquire this machine, there is a guarantee that a full charge can allow you to work continuously for 30 minutes making it appropriate for simple trimming tasks at home.
- It’s fitted with pads on its handles making it comfortable to use.
- It comes with an adjustable height and its handles have pivots.
- Has an edge guide that ensures smooth edging of your garden.
- It has a limited usage time once fully charged; 30 minutes when continuously in use.
- Accidents may rise due to accidental cord disconnections but you can fix it through cord retention system.
8. Black Decker CM2060CC 60V
- It has a 3.5-amp motor and weighs approximately 4.0 pounds
- Provides a cut path of 12 inch
- Its edge head and groom can spin at 180 degrees
- Excellent in trimming and edging vegetation that tend to be woody
- It has a charging cord that allows a continuous use.
- The tool’s groom and edge can spin at 180 degrees allowing a smooth transition from trimming to edging.
- Suitable for trimming and edging hard to reach sections of your lawn
- With its 12-inch cut path and a spool that is bump feed, it is a relatively fast tool for trimming and edging
- It is relatively costly compared to other machines with cords.
7. WORX WG896 Amp 2-in-1 7.5-Inch Electric lawn edger
- It includes a 3-position blade with depth adjustment and a line indicator to ensure preciseness
- It is powered by a powerful 12-amp motor and its shaft is adjustable
- Features a pivoting handle for improved comfort and control
- The machine easily changes into an edger or trimmer by just pushing a button.
- It has an edge guide that prevents the machine from hitting your brick pavers.
- The tool’s 12-amp motor has enough power to ensure that you are able to trim and edge your garden.
- It has an auxiliary handle and an armrest for comfort
- It comes with a short cord, which you must extend when using it.
- The machine is not efficient for tall grass and wooden edges.
6. Worx WG309, 10-Inch electric pole saw
- The machine is available in two colors, orange or black
- It has a light and compact design that makes it easy to use compared to most trimmers and edgers
- Features an eight feet extension pole that is easy to install
- Has a powerful performance occasioned by its 8-amp motor.
- Comes with an auto-tension chain system that has a patent
- The machine’s chain system has a long life due to its extended bar and patent chain system.
- Its 8-amp motor ensures that users get consistent performance from the machine.
- It is simple to transform from a chain saw to a pole saw, as no equipment is required for the transition.
- Has an automatic oil pump that has a level indicator for easy use.
- When using it sideways, it throws the chain to the operator.
5. Black and Decker ST7700
- It contains an inbuilt extra handle and weighs around 4.5 pounds
- Has the ability to cut a 13-inch path
- Includes the cord retention system
- Has a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Its cord retention system prevents unnecessary unplugging giving you continuous usage.
- The machine comes with a two year warranty from the manufacturer that allows you to get repairs from the manufacturer.
- Its auxiliary handle ensures that the user’s hands do not tire easily and guarantees comfort
- Its 13-inch automated feed sting ensures you get a 13-inch trim while its Automatic Feed Spool (AFS) can advance its cutting string in the absence of bumping.
- The trimmer has a powerful 4.4-amp motor that can spin at 10,000 rpm making the tool efficient when trimming overgrown grass and woody vegetation.
- The cord limits movement when in use.
4. Black and Decker TR117
- The trimmer is powered by a 3.2-amp motor and is fitted with a 17-inch double sided blade
- It also has a lock-off switch and its blades are rust resistant
- Its 3.2-amp motor allows the user to trim branches with 5/8-inches.
- Has a dual action blade that provides less vibration when compared to those with a single blade.
- The machine’s rust resistant and pre-hardened blades ensure that blades stay sharp for a longer time when in use.
- The machine’s 17-inch double-sided blade reduces the vibrations by up to 40 percent compared to trimmers with single blades. Lesser vibrations make the machine user friendly
- The machine features cord retention systems that inhibits any accidental unplugging when in use.
- You may not love the dead feature that comes with the machine.
3. Earthwise CVPH 41018
- It has an 18-inch blade and its maximum cutting width is 3/4
- The machine contains two tools in one: pole edge and hedge trimmers
- Has a six position rotating head that rotates 150 degrees
- The machine also has a blade cover accompanied by an aluminum blade support
- It is easy to use and control the machine
- You can adjust its blade to six different cutting positions making it very flexible.
- You can easily change the tool to a portable handheld 18-inch trimmer through just a click on a button.
- Its ability to rotate at 150 degrees allows you to trim areas that are difficult to reach with other trimmers.
- The machine can be heavy when the pole extends fully.
2. Black and Deck GH 900
- It has an AFS automatic feed system and is corded
- Has a high torque transmission and a 6.5-amp motor
- The AFS feed system allows the operator of the machine to use it continuously.
- It is light and has an ergonomic design that makes the machine comfortable when in use.
- Has a 2-in-1 edging wheel with easy conversion from trimmer to edger through a simple rotation.
- Its 6.5-amp motor accompanied by the high torque transmission provides a maximum performance in instances where the grass is tough and overgrown.
- The plastic fitted to hold the spool melts away as you continue using the machine.
1. Black Decker MTE 912
- It has a gear drive transmission
- Features an automatic feed system and a 6.5-amp motor
- The machine comes with two deck height adjustments that can range from 1.6 to 2.4 inches that raises or lowers its wheels.
- Its gear drive system can maintain a constant speed when in use and inhibits bogging down.
- You can use it continuously as it has an AFS automatic feed system while you can achieve automatic line advancement even if you do not carry out bumping.
- The 6.5-amp motor is efficient and allows maximum performance of the machine.
- One can transform the machine easily from a trimmer, edger, to a mower.
- The machine is light with a design that enhances maximum control and comfort to the user.
- You need to purchase an extension power cord if you want to cover a large area.
More From My Site