Those who suffer from chronic foot, ankle, and calf pain and/or inflammation are often boggled as to how to find proper relief. Many doctors and podiatrists will recommend trying compression socks to ease the pain and swelling. There are many brands of compression socks on the market, and finding the right pair can change your quality of daily living. Male athletes, men who work on their feet all day, and those with chronic pain and swelling should consider buying a pair of the below-listed top 10 compression socks.
What to Look for in Men’s Compression Socks
When you’re looking for a good pair of men’s compression socks, you will want to find socks that target where swelling generally occurs the most, which is in the ankles and calves. Also, you will want to find socks that have anti-slip knitted bands around the top that keep the socks from bunching up and rolling down your legs. Make sure you look for socks that are latex-free, especially if you have food allergies.
10. EvoNation Men’s USA Made Graduated Compression Socks
EvoNation’s compression socks offer knee-high orthopedic support that helps to energize achy and tired feet and legs. They also help to treat swelling, lymphedema, and plantar fasciitis.
These socks are latex-free and made of 85% nylon and 15% spandex. They have a maximized thickness that works well with any shoe. Sizes range from small to extra-large, so these can be purchased for any size feet.
- Compression goes from toes to the knee
- Easy for many people to put on
- Might be difficult to put on if you have severe arthritis or other physical limitations
9. CompressionZ Socks 30-40mmHg
CompressionZ’s 30-40mmHg socks promote better circulation and speedier muscle recovery by reducing lactic acid buildup in the lower legs.
These socks are made from anti-bacterial silver yarn and are also anti-static and anti-odor. These socks work well for sports and daily wear since they offer heel and arch support.
- Medical-quality socks that can be used for all activities
- Work well for those with swollen feet and ankles
- Only fit men’s shoe sizes up to 12
8. Compression Socks for Men & Women
These compression socks slide on easily and only apply pressure where it’s most needed. They provide all-day comfort and help to ease swelling.
The graduated compression system applies pressure in the ankle area where it’s most needed and decreases moving up the leg. Its technology also reduces recovery time from running and playing sports.
- They run true-to-size
- Comfortable anti-slip band at the top
- Top might be too tight for those with severe swelling
7. CopperJoint Performance Compression Socks
CopperJoint’s compression socks are comfortable, fit nearly any foot, and work to minimize swelling in the ankles and legs.
These socks have 4-way compression, are crafted from an anti-itch material, and stimulate oxygen flow to the muscles.
- Most customers end up buying multiple pairs
- No white color option
6. CompressionZ Compression Socks (Fun Patterns 20-30mmHg)
Want some extra colors and shapes in your compression socks? These CompressionZ socks are not just cute, but they’re extremely comfortable and are great for daily wear or sports.
These graduated compression 20-30mmhg socks promote quicker muscle recovery, are anti-static and anti-odor, and do not cause irritation or chaffing.
- High-quality construction
- Attention-grabbing appearance
- They stop mid-calf on some people
- Can be tight
5. Wanderlust Air Travel Compression Socks
These compression socks are designed to maximize comfort and are designed in such a way that they do not bunch up or roll down your legs.
Wanderlust’s Air Travel Compression Socks are made of 80% cotton, 6% polyester, 9% nylon, and 5% lycra. They work well for athletes, nurses, air travel, and anyone with illnesses that cause swelling in the ankles and calves.
- They have extra comfort cuffs at the top
- Top-notch arch support
- Might not fit to size
4. Fytto Style 1067 Men’s Comfy Travel and Dress Compression Socks
The Fytto Style 1067 socks are crafted from breathable material and provide comfort and support to the ankles and calves throughout the day.
Crafted from 25% spandex, these socks are latex-free. They have a smooth knitted texture and help prevent varicose veins and spider veins from developing during pregnancy.
- Fit extremely well
- Material is very soft
- Toes have a square cut
3. CompressionZ Compression Socks (1 Pair) 20-30mmHg Graduated
CompressionZ’s compression socks are made of high-quality materials and come in many different designs. There are also a variety of sizes available for those with any size of feet.
These socks are made of anti-bacterial silver yarn fabric. They are also anti-static and work well for athletes and any type of daily wear.
- Shape remains after being washed multiple times
- Doesn’t cause skin irritation or chaffing
- Should be dried on a low dryer setting to prevent shrinkage
2. CompressionZ Foot Sleeves (1 Pair – White L)
If you prefer foot sleeves to compression socks, CompressionZ makes these socks to help reduce plantar fasciitis and heel pain and swelling.
These foot sleeves have multiple sizes that fit men with foot sizes between 3 and 16. These socks promote faster muscle recovery and are anti-static and anti-odor.
- Works well at decreasing foot pain in nurses and athletes
- Relieves stress on ligaments and tendons
- Light compression might not work for everyone
1. Compression Socks (1 pair) for Women & Men by A-Swift
A-Swift’s compression socks provide fast muscle recovery and pain relief from swelled areas in the feet, ankles, and calves.
These graduated compression 20 – 30 mmHg socks come in multiple fun styles. They’re crafted from anti-bacterial silver yarn fabric and deodorize your feet to help keep them dry throughout the day.
- Extremely comfortable to wear
- Relieves swelling in pain within days of starting to wear them
- Fit well under some leg braces
- Should not be put in the dryer since it will damage the fabric
Many men (and women) suffer from pain and inflammation in their feet for a variety of reasons. One of your best hopes of reducing these negative symptoms is to wear compression socks. Not only are they supremely comfortable, they also help prevent injuries, plantar fasciitis and other bacterial infections, and funky foot odors.
More From My Site