One of the most important items that a bicycle owner should have is a floor pump. A bicycle floor pump inflates the bike tires through manual pumping. The user places the floor pump between the feet, attaches the valve to the tire and pumps in vertical motion until they get desired pressure. Using bicycle floor pumps has got many benefits, such as the portability. Most are readily portable and come in handy in the case of a leaking tire. The user also gets to determine the amount of pressure pumped into every tire.
When choosing a bicycle floor pump, there are a few things to consider. For instance, it is important to ensure that the pump has got a pressure gauge. It is a crucial component as it displays the pressure pumped, helping avoid excess or low pumping. The floor pump should also have a working piston system, and the user should also look out for frayed valve cords and loose attachments. A good bicycle floor pump should have an easily stable base, readable gauge and a good handle for pumping.
We have reviewed the top ten bicycle floor pumps. These are listed below:
10. Malker Bike Pump, Compatible with Presta and Schrader Valve
This pump comes with an aluminum alloy barrel, adding to its lightweight design. It is a small size pump that easily fits in a rider’s bag and can also be attached to the bicycle frame.
- The pump is easy to carry. This feature allows the user to always have a pump at hand at any time and ready to pump in case of a blown tire.
- It is a durable yet aesthetically appealing pump.
- The ease of use coupled with the efficiency of a 130 psi capacity is a winning combination and makes the Malker bicycle floor pump a rider’s companion.
- There is a manufacturer’s warranty that serves as a reassurance to the user. This product also comes with bonus bike essentials for the riding enthusiast that would come in handy in bike emergencies. It is a versatile pump and has a gas needle for inflating balls.
- The aluminum alloy barrel can be prone to dents if roughly handled.
- The pump does not have a pressure gauge, making it hard for the user to know when they get the recommended pressure for a tire.
9. Retrospec Bicycles Floor Pump
It is a compact floor pump that comes with a unique design and full of user-friendly features.
- The Retrospec pump comes with a pressure gauge for easy monitoring.
- It is a versatile pump used for pumping other items apart from bikes.
- The 160 psi capacity makes it stronger and improves on the versatility.
- It has a locking pump head, making it easy to operate.
- It has a long hose which makes it easy to use.
- Silver color for better aesthetics and also designed for comfortable use.
- No product warranty from the manufacturers.
8. Bicycle Floor Pump with pressure gauge for Presta & Schrader valves by BoG Products
This innovative product from BoG Products brings a new twist to the bike pump arena. It has great features for the user who is after efficiency.
- Made of steel alloy, this is an item designed for durability and active usage.
- It has a double ended hose connection for easy attachment of the preferred valve.
- This pump is fitted with an easy to read pressure gauge that comes attached near the handle for a closer view.
- The fast pumping action to 75 psi makes this pump very efficient on long rides where the user would need to boost tire pressure. This feature also makes it versatile as it can be used to pump a broad range of tires.
- It compresses into a smaller size for easy portability.
- This product comes with a lifetime guarantee from the manufacturers.
- The low-pressure capacity limits its use for larger size tires.
7. Bell Air Attack High Volume Pump for Bicycle
This high volume floor pump from Bell is a handy piece for the user looking for save time and money.
- The pump comes with a gas needle for versatility.
- It has a full barrel design that allows for fast inflation of wide bike tires.
- The pump is easy to operate with a wide base for better balance during pumping.
- It is easily portable.
- The pump has no pressure gauge.
- The maximum 100 psi limits the use to wide tire bikes and low-pressure items.
6. AerGun X-1000 Bike Pump
This bicycle floor pump has got great features for the bike enthusiast. It combines efficiency with ease of use and precision in a way unique to it.
- The AerGun X-1000 Bike Pump is designed to withstand heavy usage and the test of time, with a rugged steel barrel.
- It is a versatile pump and can be used to inflate more than just bike tires. It comes with a gas needle and bladder valve for inflating various other items.
- This pump can be used to inflate high-pressure tires and has a maximum of 160 psi.
- It is fitted with an easy to read gauge for monitoring of pressure levels during inflation.
- The pump has a stable base and a long flexible hose. These features add to the ease of operation while the easily adjustable indicator on the pressure gauge ensures precision.
- The pump is not compressible and therefore not easy to carry.
5. BV Bicycle Ergonomic Bike Floor Pump
This innovative floor pump comes loaded with great features for the user. It is strong and one of the most versatile bicycle floor pumps.
- It has a steel barrel for added strength and durability, as well as a 160 psi capacity for inflating high-pressure tires.
- The gauge is large and easily legible for precision.
- Designed for comfort during use.
- No warranty or guarantees from the manufacturer.
- The pump cannot compress for ease of carrying.
4. Schwinn 5 in 1 Floor Pump With Gauge
This bicycle floor pump is ingeniously designed to give the best user experience.
- Fitted with a big and easy to read pressure gauge.
- Has a wide base for increased balance and stability during operation
- The product has fittings for five functions and an easy to operate locking pump head.
- Can achieve pressure levels of up to 140 psi.
- Bulky and not easily portable.
- The product does not come with a warranty.
3. Topeak Sport II Floor Pump
This pump is a combination of aesthetics and durability, with features for ease of use and precision.
- Steel barrel for strength and durability and a steel base for increased balance and stability during use.
- It has large handles and a long hose for greater comfort. The hose has a 360-degree pivot point for ease of operation.
- Has a pressure gauge that is easy to read for precision.
- The product is bulky and may not carry with ease.
2. Serfas TCPG Bicycle Floor Pump
A pump that is a product of innovative engineering, the Serfas TCPG Bicycle Floor Pump is designed to offer the best experience to the user.
- Large, easy to read pressure gauge for precision.
- All metal barrel for durability with a broad nylon base for stability and balance.
- Un-complicated valve head for the quick alternation of valves.
- Has a 160 psi capacity and can be used to inflate high-pressure tires.
- The product is bulky and not easy to carry.
1. Vibrelli Performance Bike Floor Pump
This bicycle floor pump from Vibrelli is the best bike owner’s toy. It combines great design with efficiency, durability, and versatility.
- This pump has a steel body and a handle reinforced for durability.
- It has a valve head that is easy to use and alternates between valves quickly.
- The 160 psi capacity adds to the strength and versatility of the pump.
- It comes with additional items for the bike owner such as a glue-less emergency kit for puncture repairs and also
- inflation needle for balls.
The pump has an easily readable precision gauge for pressure monitoring during pumping.
- The product is bulky and not easy to carry.
For the bike owner who loves the outdoors and understands the importance of a well-inflated tire, these pumps are surely the best in the market and ultimately worth the while.
More From My Site