Top 10 Best Twin Bunk Beds in 2021 Reviews
Space in kids’ bedrooms has always been a problem, especially if you have more than one kid. This means you will be forced to have at least two beds if you have, for example, two kids. And with two beds around, all the space is gone. Kids will, therefore, lack a place to play let alone you, as a parent, having difficulties cleaning their room. It is because of such mishaps that make a twin bunk bed a must-buy for parents with at least two kids.
Twin bunk beds save a lot of space, and this makes them ideal for kids’ bedrooms with limited space. They also cut electricity costs, considering that you will not be using several lights like when you have two separate beds. Additionally, most modern twin bunk beds are elegantly finished and have clean lines that make them a great complement to any kids’ room. Choose one from the following top 10 best twin bunk beds reviews and see what you and your kids have been missing.
Table of Contents
- 1. DHP Black Bunk Bed (Twin-Over-Twin)
- 2. Walker Edison Twin Bunk Bed (Solid Wood)
- 3. Zinus Quick Lock Bunk Bed (Twin over Twin)
- 4. Walker Edison Metal Bunk Bed (Twin-Over-Twin)
- 5. Dorel Living Brady Twin over Bunk Bed with Ladder
- 6. Zinus Quick Lock Twin over Twin Metal Bunk Bed
- 7. Zinus Quick Lock Twin Over Twin Bunk Bed (Navy)
- 8. Mainstays Black Twin over Twin Bunk Bed
- 9. DHP Navy Blue Bunk Bed (Twin-Over-Twin)
- 10. Dorel Asia Dorel Living Twin over Full Bunk Bed
1. DHP Black Bunk Bed (Twin-Over-Twin)
We have reserved the number one slot for this twin bunk bed because it provides a convenient solution for small space living. It is undoubtedly the best twin bunk bed for any busy individual living in a condo, dorm or apartment. The bed has a weight limit of 200 pounds for the top section and 225 pounds for the bottom section. For this reason, it can be used by nearly anyone. Additionally, it comes with an attached front ladder to make it easy to climb to the top section. The front ladder is slanted a little, and this helps improve safety. This twin bunk bed also has guardrails for added safety. We believe you will really like it, especially if you are in dire need of space.
- Perfect for parents with two children
- Instructions are very comprehensive
- Fairly simple to put together
- The twin bunk bed is sturdy
- Seems to make safety a priority
- Bars on the ladder are quite uncomfortable on feet
2. Walker Edison Twin Bunk Bed (Solid Wood)
Walker Edison makes top quality furniture. That’s why we have not thought it twice to include this solid wood twin bunk bed in our reviews. Measuring 79 inches long by 42 inches wide by 65 inches high, this twin bunk bed is compact enough to provide a long-lasting solution to limited space. Best of all, its performance does not stop there; it goes ahead to display its exceptionally stylish design that will perfectly blend with any décor in your bedroom or your kids’ bedroom. Like our number one product, this well-crafted piece of furniture has full-length guardrails that work with an attached ladder to provide unrivaled safety. The bed comes with support slats, and this eliminates the need for box spring.
- Comes in several natural colors
- Easy to assemble and looks beautiful
- The construction is great
- The color is accurate as shown in the image
- Switches easily from bunk to single and vice versa
- The top bunk wobbles a little
3. Zinus Quick Lock Bunk Bed (Twin over Twin)
Zinus products are unrivaled when it comes to quality. And that’s exactly what this twin over twin bunk bed depicts. It is made of strong steel frame; hence, it promises to serve your little ones or guests for years to come. The twin bunk bed also features guardrails on the top bunk to ensure that it does not compromise the safety of the person sleeping there. In addition, it has two integrated ladders on each side to make it easy to access the top bunk. Unlike other twin bunk beds, which tend to wobble, especially on the top bunk, the Zinus Bunk Bed (Twin over Twin) boasts a weight limit of 175 pounds. Therefore, expect it to remain still.
- Does not take long to assemble
- Perfect for children above 6 years
- Comes with two integrated ladders
- Instructions are simple and straightforward
- Fits a 6” mattress nicely
- Saves a lot of space in the bedroom
- The bars on the ladder hurt feet
4. Walker Edison Metal Bunk Bed (Twin-Over-Twin)
This twin-over-twin bunk bed has received a lot of compliments from parents. And we think that you will love it as well. It is constructed with a sturdy, steel frame; hence, its stability and function cannot be questioned. It can support up to 250 pounds on each of its two bunks, making it perfect for kids of various ages. The twin-over-twin bunk bed also seems to prioritize the safety of your kids, considering that it has such features as an integrated ladder and full-length guardrails. What’s more, this twin bunk bed meets Consumer Product Safety Standards for safety and quality. It is a product designed by one of the most reputable manufacturers the world has ever seen, so expect the best from it.
- Easily converts into two individual twin beds
- The black finish is universal
- Side walls are high for optimum safety
- Offers plenty of room for sleepers
- Can be used by both adults and kids
- Wobbles very slightly when you climb
5. Dorel Living Brady Twin over Bunk Bed with Ladder
Dorel Living will let you discover your style in the most adorable way possible. And it achieves that by introducing the Brady Twin over Bunk Bed with Ladder. Considering the elegant craftsmanship of this bed, we are certain that it will bring style and adventure to your kid’s room. It displays subtle paneling and clean lines that work together to deliver a classic look that will be spread evenly throughout the bedroom. The twin over bunk bed also comes with a ladder to make it super easy to access the top bunk. It is designed to maximize space, so your little ones can have plenty of room to play and run around. Give your kids the best because they deserve it.
- Comes in multiple color options
- Provides a safe and fun area to sleep
- Easily converts into two separate beds
- Easy to assemble and looks great
- Enhances the aesthetics of any room
- Assembly directions are easy to follow
- Assembly takes quite long. But it is pretty easy.
6. Zinus Quick Lock Twin over Twin Metal Bunk Bed
Since assembling a twin bunk bed can be a hurdle, Zinus has made sure that this specific unit is very easy to assemble with only one hour needed. They have also gone an extra step to make sure that the bed is very sturdy and perfect for everyone. Well, they have made it with steel frames and slats to enable them to withstand the test of time. In fact, Zinus believes that this bunk bed will not be damaged by the rigorous use, and that’s why they have backed it by a 5-year warranty. The bunk bed has a 4-step ladder, and its weight limit is 175 pounds. Additionally, it holds two twin mattresses, making it a perfect sleeping place for your two little kids.
- The price is affordable
- Saves the bedroom space
- Easy to put together
- Sturdy yet not too heavy
- The height is perfect
- Instructions are easy to follow
- The weight limit is too low to accommodate adult sleepers
It has been proven that sleeping in a comfortable place is a must if you want to make your sleeping experience better. And that’s where the Zinus Quick Lock Twin Over Twin Bunk Bed (Navy) comes into play. Made to help you save space in your kids’ bedroom, this quick lock bed is compact. It is also made with safety in mind, given that it comes equipped with guard rails as well as featuring two integrated ladders. Well, these ladders only have 4 bars to make sure your little girl or young boy reaches the top bunk as quickly as possible. Since the manufacturer believes in the quality and sturdiness of this twin bunk bed, they provide a generous 5-year worry-free warranty to protect parts and labor.
- Takes a short period to assemble
- Looks fantastic when it’s set up
- Takes up little space in the bedroom
- Instructions are simple
- Fits in small spaces
- Low profile blends well with any room décor
- The twin bunk bed is a little wobbly
8. Mainstays Black Twin over Twin Bunk Bed
The high ratings left by customers are enough to tell you that this twin over twin bunk bed means business. Like other products of Mainstays, the bed is premium quality; hence, expect it to serve you well. Furthermore, it displays a black finish that incredibly blends with any décor whether it is vintage or modern. The low profile of this twin bunk bed also contributes to the seamless blend with most decors. What’s more, Mainstays has designed this twin bunk bed with safety in mind, considering that it has a ladder, which makes it easy to get to the top bunk as well as guardrails that help improve safety. We are 100-percent sure that your kid will love this bed should you buy it for him/her.
- More affordable than most brands
- Looks exactly like the picture once it’s set up
- The ladder is extremely sturdy
- It is not overly high
- Assembling it is not a chore
- Does not wobble around
- Have many pieces to assemble
We are thrilled by the fact that this bed meets the expectations and needs of many sleepers. First, it saves a lot of space in any room by being stable and secure enough to accommodate up to two sleepers. Second, it looks simple and sleek; hence, it will perfectly blend with your room décor. And lastly, it has been crafted with utmost safety, considering that it has a ladder and full-length guardrails. The bed accommodates two twin mattresses, making it the perfect place for hosting twins, siblings, family or friends. In addition, its metal frame is sturdy enough to last through years of rough play, especially when it’s used by kids. We are certain this bed will be a great purchase for you.
- Available in 5 color options
- Instructions are in-depth
- Perfect for people with twins
- Not difficult to assemble
- Great for small space living
- Does not squeak when someone climbs or turns while sleeping
- Round bars hurt sleeper’s feet a little when they are going up
10. Dorel Asia Dorel Living Twin over Full Bunk Bed
Dorel Living is known worldwide for their unexpected yet great designs and styles. For example, this bunk bed features both twin on the top bunk and full on the bottom bunk to bring in a unique style that you will want to associate with. The fact that the full bed is the bottom bunk means this bed is amazingly stable. To add to the aforementioned stability, the bed is further crafted with sturdy construction. Besides, Dorel Living has focused on the bed’s aesthetics like they do with other products. They have equipped the bed with gentle curves and even included headboards for a more elegant appearance. This means that the bed will not just offer a perfect place to sleep but also will take the aesthetics of the kids’ room to another level.
- It has good directions for easy assembly
- The frame is sturdy and looks excellent
- Heavily finished and feels safe
- Looks exactly as pictured
- The design is kid-friendly
- The bed has a strong odor when it first arrives
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Twin Bunk Bed
Yes, we have provided the above twin bunk beds reviews. But this may not be enough in helping you find the best product. That’s why we have backed these reviews with the following factors to consider:
You don’t want your little one banging their heads on the ceiling every time they wake up, do you? Therefore, make sure that the bed you are set to buy is not overly high to the extent that it puts your kid, who is sleeping on the top bunk, at risk of injuring themselves. Also, the overall height should not be so short that it brings discomfort to the person sleeping on the bottom bunk.
Whether you are buying a twin bunk bed for your kids or adults, you must make sure that its weight limit will surpass the weight of people who will sleep on it. To achieve that, go for twin bunk beds with high weight limits. This is because they can comfortably accommodate various weights.
- The Craftsmanship of the Bed
At the end of the day, you would like to have a bed that perfectly matches the décor of your kids’ room. Therefore, consider the different styles of twin bunk beds you have at your disposal. If you feel that vintage styles will blend well with your kids’ room, go for it. Similarly, if you feel that a modern design will get the job done, go for it.
If you are buying a twin bunk bed with visiting adults in mind, then you may consider a twin-over-full bunk bed. Such beds provide more than enough space at the bottom bunk, thereby, making it easier for adults to sleep. However, if you are only buying a bunk bed for your kids, you may simply stick to a twin-over-twin bunk bed.
Different twin bunk beds have different types of ladders. While most of them have the traditional ladder, which is straight, some have slightly curved ladders, which are much easier to use. Also, there are some twin bunk beds that do not have ladders. Instead, they have stairs to make it easier for people who find it difficult to use normal ladders. These groups of individuals can be the elderly or little kids.
If you have more than one kid yet you do not have a twin bunk bed, you are missing a lot. These innovative pieces of furniture will help you save lots of space in your kids’ bedroom. And this means they will have a place to play. In addition, you will find it very easy to clean your kids’ room, considering the enormous space left. So, make good use of this platform to get one that both you and your kids will really love.