Top 10 Best Sunscreens in 2021 Reviews
Wearing sunscreen when you’re out in the sun is non-negotiable, no doubt, but there’s been a lot of reports lately saying that some sunscreens actually does more harm than good. That is, they may be ineffective to shield you from the sun’s harmful rays, or worse, contain toxins that damage your skin. At any rate, consumers should know which sunscreen products are best to use.
To ensure that what you’re getting is the best sunscreen, make sure that the product has the following qualities:
- Sun Protection Factor or SPF: The product must provide protection of at least SPF 30 to ensure you get maximum protection against UVA and UVB.
- Hypoallergenic and Gentle: It must be suitable for all skin types, including those with skin problems and sensitive skin, such as babies.
- Lightweight and Non-Greasy: Most sunscreen products are so sticky and greasy, leaving you unnecessarily uncomfortable.
- Free from Harmful Chemicals: Fragrance, paraben, and other chemicals make sunscreen products toxic to the body, so it’s best if the product doesn’t have any of these.
- Fast-Absorbing Formula: Sunscreen that gets easily absorbed by the skin is great because those that don’t leave spots and streaks. Go for lightweight, clear formula if you’re going to wear it every day or under makeup.
- Moisturizing and Soothing: Staying out in the sun makes your skin dry and feeling hot, so choose the product that’s hydrating and soothing.
Table of Contents
- List of Best Sunscreens in 2021 You Can Buy From Amazon
- 10. Badger Sports Sunscreen Cream 2. 9 ounce (87ml)
- 9. Badger Balm SPF 30 Kids Sunscreen Cream, 2. 9 Ounce
- 8. Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 50, 6oz Tube (Pack of 2)
- 7. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-touch Sunscreen, SPF 45, 3 Ounce (Pack of 2)
- 6. La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid for Face, Water Resistant…
- 5. Blue Lizard Sensitive Sunscreen SPF 30+-9. 75 oz
- 4. Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+, 3oz
- 3. EltaMD UV Physical Broad-Spectrum SPF 41 85-Gram
- 2. Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen, Sensitive SPF 30+, 5-Ounce
- 1. Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46 – Best of Sunscreens in 2021
List of Best Sunscreens in 2021 You Can Buy From Amazon
10. Badger Sports Sunscreen Cream 2. 9 ounce (87ml)
This product offers SPF 35 protection from both UVA and UVB rays. The best thing about it is the absence of “extra” chemicals such as oxybenzone, octics alate, octanoate, and avobenzone. Plus, it moisturizes and soothes your skin, giving it a healthy glow (not the dry-tanned kind) even when you’re outdoors for quite some time. It even protects your skin from freezing. It’s perfect to use throughout the year, whether it’s a freezing cold winter or unbelievably hot summer.
9. Badger Balm SPF 30 Kids Sunscreen Cream, 2. 9 Ounce
If the #10 on the list are for sporty adults, this one’s for the kids, still from Badger. Certified 100% natural and 95% organic, this product contains only six simple yet effective ingredients to keep children’s skin protected with SPF 30. It is super safe to use even on sensitive skin types, and water- and sweat-resistant, too, so your child remains protected after 40 minutes of swimming or playing. Best of all, its biodegradable, so it’s safe for Mother Nature, as well.
8. Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 50, 6oz Tube (Pack of 2)
If an SPF 30 isn’t enough for your young kids, try this Babyganics sunscreen that provides SPF 50 protection. It’s double protection also stays longer, up to 80 minutes and stays on even when doing water activities. It’s non-allergenic, no-tear, and super gentle formula is made from 100% natural seed oil blend, making it a naturally nourishing and protecting sunscreen for babies.
7. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-touch Sunscreen, SPF 45, 3 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Some sunscreen feels icky and sticky, but this one from Neutrogena is simply amazing. It feels clean, dry and lightweight as if you’re not wearing sunscreen at all, and yet, it stays on your skin giving you full protection from UVA and UVB with SPF 45 for a maximum of 80 minutes despite all the swimming, splashing and other water activities you do.
6. La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid for Face, Water Resistant…
Here’s another competing brand in the line of lightweight texture and formula. La Roche-Posay Anthelios offers SPF 60 and doesn’t feel greasy or heavy on the skin at all. It’s super absorbent, ultra light, and has a non-glossy finish, so you look fresh and clean while enjoying the outdoors. You stay protected from the sun’s damaging rays for up to two hours before needing reapplication.
5. Blue Lizard Sensitive Sunscreen SPF 30+-9. 75 oz
If you have super sensitive skin, then this Blue Lizard sunscreen is perfect for you. Its gentle formulation is paraben-free, fragrance-free and chemical-free, making it ideal for skin types like yours that needs extra pampering and care. You get SPF 30 protection that effectively thwarts off any damage to your skin caused by the sun’s UVA and UVB. The exciting thing is that you can actually determine the presence of UV light in the area when the bottle turns from white to blue.
4. Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+, 3oz
While it’s easy to find the sunscreen for adults, it can be a tad challenging to find the perfect product for baby due to their super sensitive skin. Well, here’s one product you can be sure of – ThinkBaby Safe Sunscreen has been consistently EWG’s top pick since 2010. It’s also the first sunscreen product to comply with the rigid Whole Foods Premium Care Requirements. It’s SPF 50 formula doesn’t wash off easily with water and stays on for a maximum of 80 minutes.
3. EltaMD UV Physical Broad-Spectrum SPF 41 85-Gram
Some sunscreen products leave your skin greasy and messy-looking, but this one works like a foundation base for regular makeup, only that it’s a facial sunscreen that gives you SPF 41 protection for 40 minutes. It’s lightly tinted hue gives you special coverage as it smoothens and brightens your facial skin. It’s oil-free and chemical-free, making it ideal for all skin types including those with super sensitive skin. It’s sunscreen and facial tint rolled into one!
2. Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen, Sensitive SPF 30+, 5-Ounce
This one has the same amazing formulation as our #5, only that this one here comes in a smaller bottle, which is actually great for traveling and spontaneous weekend trips with the family. Still free from paraben, fragrance, and harmful chemicals, the Blue Lizard Sensitive sunscreen is a handy product for all your outdoor activities.
1. Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46 – Best of Sunscreens in 2021
Got acne or highly sensitive skin? No problem. EltaMD UV Clear sunscreen with SPF 46 is the best product on our list mainly because it works great and it provides gentle and effective protection even for individuals with acne, rosacea, and hyperpigmentation. Not only does it protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays, it also calms and soothes your skin without the oily or greasy look. What’s more – you can wear it alone or as the base for everyday makeup!
You do need a good amount of sun to lead a healthy life, but staying out longer than necessary especially at high noon burns and damages your skin. A good sunscreen keeps your skin protected from sun damage, but with so many brands in the market today, it helps to know there are much better sunscreen choices, which not only protects your skin but also moisturizes, smoothes and soothes it.