A good scientific graphing calculator is very useful and necessary. The calculator helps students to get a better understanding of mathematical problems so as to get good grades. The other use that requires the use of a calculator is when designing the blueprints for mathematical devices.
Therefore whenever you want to buy a calculator, ensure that you dig deeper to have full information about the calculator. Also, you can purchase a guide before you buy a calculator so you can read all the information about the scientific graphing calculators in the market to enable you to choose the one that will fit your work.
The reason is finding a good calculator is not based on the many features it has rather it is based on your need for buying the calculator.
Table of Contents
- 1. Casio fx-9750G11 Graphing Calculator
- 2. Texas Instruments TI-73 Graphing Calculator.
- 3. Texas Instruments Nspire CX Graphing Calculator.
- 4. HP 50g Graphing Calculator.
- 5. Texas Instrument TI-83 Graphing Calculator.
- 6. Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator.
- 7. Casio FX-9860GII SD Power Graphic Calculator
- 8. Casio FX-CP400-L Graphing Calculator.
- 9. HP Prime Graphing Calculator.
- 10. Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator.
1. Casio fx-9750G11 Graphing Calculator
This type of calculator mostly comes in white color although you might have other colors in the market such pink blue and black. The calculator comes with numerous enhancements that compete with the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus mode too. Other features found on the calculator include new USB connectivity to it, Ap statistics, pie charts and bar graphs.
The calculator is also made with a high-resolution LCD. The speed is estimated to be of 62KB RAM CPU and has an intuitive software design on it. Another feature on the calculator is that it has an intuitive software design.
– It can be used for all SAT and ACT tests. The calculator has a large screen which displays the numbers clearly, and the keys are easy to press. The calculator is quite affordable.
– The application for solving calculus since there is no n Der function which finds the derivative. The battery is of low quality as you are expected to charge it often. The main menu is not clear it can be confusing to some people.
2. Texas Instruments TI-73 Graphing Calculator.
The calculator is suitable for all levels including the middle grades due to it ease of use.This type of calculator is ideal for pre-algebra, algebra and also for statistics and physical science. The calculator is allowed and highly recommended to be used in tests such as the SAT, PSAT and AP exams. The calculator is also loaded with flash software application so as to keep up with the changing curriculum.
– The calculator is suitable for all students including the middle-grade students. The screen is large enough for viewing. The keyboard of the calculator is quite easy to press and read. The calculator is made with flash software which can be used to change in case there is any change in the curriculum.
– The calculator is expensive as compared to TI-83 which is the latest model.
3. Texas Instruments Nspire CX Graphing Calculator.
This calculator is the easiest to use. The calculator is made with a slim design and has a large screen for display as well. The calculator does not require so much time to learn how to use it, therefore, no wasting time while learning to use it.
– The calculator is very to use and has a very bright screen. The calculator has a battery that is rechargeable you do not need to replace it when the battery dies. The calculator comes with a USB which you can link to other calculators and computers as well.
– The more you use the calculator the fast the battery will die. The phone not upgraded since it consists of alphabetical letters instead of a qwerty pad which can be annoying to some people.
4. HP 50g Graphing Calculator.
The HP 50g Calculator is a powerful calculator that is known to support up to 2300 different functions. The services include statistics, algebra, probability and also financial calculations.
– The calculator also has an additional model of equation library that is not found in other calculators. The calculator consists of an improved keyboard and also has memory card slot. The calculator is also said to have a high connectivity which makes it use.
– The keys found on the keyboard are small and might be difficult to use for some people. It requires a lot of time for one to learn how to use it.
5. Texas Instrument TI-83 Graphing Calculator.
The calculator is essential to use for functions such as algebra, pre-calculus, and also chemistry biology and physics. The calculator is also known to have advanced statistics features as well. The calculator is equipped with flash technology which makes it easy for the users to add other functions such as TI-83.
– The calculator is powered with different graph styles to choose from. The calculator can be used together with TI-83. The calculator has advanced functions such as statistics and finance.
– It requires a lot of time to learn how to use it.
6. Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator.
This calculator comes with a warranty of one year.
– The calculator can automatically shut off to save energy. It is essential for high-level maths. The calculator comes with a backup battery.
– The calculator requires you not to type fast since if you type fast, the keystrokes may be missed.
7. Casio FX-9860GII SD Power Graphic Calculator
The calculator is made with an interface icon and iconic menu and also has a screen size measuring 64by 128 pixels.
– The calculator can be easily connected to Casio projector. It also contains the icon-based menu ads and overall intuitive usage.
– The calculator requires patient when learning how to use it.
8. Casio FX-CP400-L Graphing Calculator.
For this calculator, if you have knowledge on how to use Casio then it would be easy to use this type of calculator.
– It is easy to use. The screen has enough light, and the texts are quite visible.
– It is expensive than other calculators.
9. HP Prime Graphing Calculator.
This type of calculator is designed in a way that it would satisfy your needs.
It is also very easy to use, and you can’t miss the keys when typing.
10. Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator.
This calculator is useful when solving handles calculus, algebra matrices and also statistics. The calculator has a large screen for great viewing. The calculator is sold with a 1-year warranty as well.
– The calculator has a USB whereby you can use it for sharing files with other calculators.
– The calculator is quite expensive and difficult to learn to use it.
Whenever you decide to buy a calculator, always ensure that it will suit your need and it is easy to use as well. Also, always ensure purchase a calculator that has a warranty.