We all can do great with that cinema experience. However, this is only possible with the best projector mount and the task to get one can be challenging for first purchase as there are so many projector mounts on the market and making a decision to buy one over the other is not easy. The only and easiest way to know whether you are making the right decision is to know all the features that you need to consider as every brand labels itself as “the best”.
Table of Contents
- Factors to Consider Before Buying a Projector Mount
- 10. Suptek Ceiling Universal Projector Mount for Vaulted and Flat Ceilings
- 9. VonHaus Universal Ceiling Projector Mount
- 8. Mustang MV-PROJSP-FLAT-B Ceiling Projector Mount, Low Profile
- 7. Amer Drop-in Ceiling Universal Projector Mount
- 6. Mount-It! Wall Projector Mount, Universal Adjustable Design, Extendable LCD/DLP Length, Benq, Epson, Optoma Projectors
- 5. Vantage Point CGUPM12-S Projector Mount, Universal Front Mount
- 4. QualGear Projector Ceiling Mount, QG-PM-002-WHT, Universal Mount
- 3. Peerless Projector Mount, PRG-UNV Precision, Spider Universal Adaptor-Plate
- 2. Cheetah APMEB Universal Projector Mount, Universal Ceiling Mount
- 1. VideoSececu Projector Mount, Vaulted Ceiling Mount, Adjustable Extension Pole, Black PJ2B 1C9
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Projector Mount
- Compatibility: Is the mount compatible with your monitor? Even if it says “universal fit” it’s good to go through all the features first
- Construction: To avoid accidents, ensure that its construction is sturdy and safe
- Ease of installation: Does it come with everything you need for installation?
- Heavy/lightweight: The weight of your mount will determine how easy its installation will be
- Wall/ceiling mount: It is good to know if the mount is ceiling or wall mountable before purchasing
- Rotation and tilting: How many degrees does it rotate? How far can you tilt is? This determines the quality of images you get
- Supporting weight capacity: How much weight can it support? Will it be able to support your monitor?
10. Suptek Ceiling Universal Projector Mount for Vaulted and Flat Ceilings
This features as a projector mount both for walls and ceilings, and it comes with all the tools you need for proper installation. If you do not have enough space, you can mount it on your ceiling and still get the same cinema experience as those who choose to mount it on the wall. The mount is also in a universal fitting design making it compatible with almost every monitor on the market as long as their mounting holes are under 12”.
The fact that this mount is a 3-in-1 is appealing to many buyers as you get the mounting bracket that will enable you to do wall installation, ceiling installation and sloped ceiling installation. All the mounting brackets feature the high-quality cold rolled steel for durability and safety while the extendable post, aluminum alloy, making it rust resistant and lightweight for easy installation. You will be able to rotate and tilt your mount easily to get a good image.
- Ideal for ceiling installation, sloped ceiling installation and wall installation
- It is in a universal design making it compatible with all monitors whose mounting holes are 12” and below
- All the components are made of high-quality materials, cold rolled steel & aluminum alloy, thus giving it a sturdy construction
- It includes all the necessary tools for installation and clear instructions
- Its mounting arms are extendable and removable
- It is a universal fit, but the mounting holes on your projector have to be under 12” which limits some buyers
This is a 3-in-1 universal ceiling mount. You have a choice for ceiling installation, sloped ceiling installation or wall installation. The fact that it has a universal design makes it compatible with all the monitors whose installation holes are 12” and below which makes it preferable for most buyers. The mount is also ideal for use at home or offices, and its arms are extendable and removable thus easy operation.
9. VonHaus Universal Ceiling Projector Mount
If you are searching for a projector mount that will save you as much space as possible whether in your home or office, then just go for this mount here as it goes on your ceiling thus taking zero space in your room and it gives you that cinema experience perfectly. The mount combines with your projector to give you good quality images as its height is adjustable and you can swivel and tilt it to get a precise placement.
You will be able to use your screen without any form of obstruction or the projector getting in your way because it offers a generous about of distance from the ceiling and you can always easily adjust it to meet your needs. This projector mount also features a great cable management system that enables you to hide the unsightly wires thus creating more space and avoiding accidents that might result from the wires getting in your way. Another great feature about this ceiling amount is that it is compatible with most ceiling mountable projectors available on the market which makes it ideal for people who like to change their projectors from time to time because you won’t be forced to get a new projector everytime.
- It is a universal ceiling projector mount
- Its height is adjustable that allowing comfortable operation
- It swivels and tilts to allow for precision placement
- It features a cable management system that enables you to hide the unsightly wires
- It supports a maximum weight of just 22 lbs
This is a great ceiling projector mount. It helps you save on space and gives you that cinema experience at a very affordable rate. It features a great cable management system helping you to hide those unsightly wires and is compatible with most ceiling mountable projector brands.
8. Mustang MV-PROJSP-FLAT-B Ceiling Projector Mount, Low Profile
This is a ceiling projector mount, and it is designed to be compatible with almost all projector brands. It is very fairly priced. In fact, most people have confessed to having doubts about its functionality based on the low price but were astonished to discover that it performs much better than most mounts thrice its price. The mount comes fully assembled and its standard feet attached which makes it very easy to operate.
Most of the needed extensions are included as well, and you can just loosen your feet then extend the extensions to the perfect length. But, you will have to find the right type of screws for the type of surface you will be installing the mount then attach to various spacers and washers provided with the hex tools provided. The mount provides a generous drop distance, and it tilts and rotates to all directions, it’s a multi-motion mount thus enabling you to have the perfect operation. When it comes to its construction, this projector mount features a very solid construction, but it is not heavy. Its appearance too is solid, and all its components are powder coated which is nice.
- This is a low profile ceiling projector mount
- Comes with all the tools you need for mounting
- It is pre-assembled and its standard feet attached
- Features a solid but lightweight construction
- Fairly priced
- Components are powder coated
- Rotates fully
- The mounting screws are not included because the mount goes into different materials thus requiring different screws
This projector mount is cheap! It is a high-quality one and is compatible with every projector brand. Installation is so easy and comes with everything you need for mounting. It features a sturdy construction and all its components are powder coated.
7. Amer Drop-in Ceiling Universal Projector Mount
If yours is a drop ceiling, then this projector here will suit you best. It is a universal fit which makes it a killer projector mount because no matter how many times you replace your projectors, you will never have to go back to the market to get a new mount. It is also quick and so easy to set up as the manufacturers’ mounting guideline is clear, and it comes with all the tools you need for installation.
Your purchase also includes a safety cable important for saving your projector in case the ceiling t-bar ever fails, and this saves you another few bucks. And, what makes it even better is the fact that it is designed to have five separate projector mounting locations which go up to fourteen projector orientations based on how one rotates their 2”x2” plate on their ceiling. This makes it easy to get perfect results from your projector as you can use it from the best location. This drop-in ceiling universal projector mount is super strong, but it is not heavy which adds to the ease of installation. It features high-quality parts that help in securing the projector in place thus enabling you to operate it safely.
- It is a drop-in ceiling universal projector mount
- Setting it up is super easy
- The packaging includes a safety cable that enables you to save your projector when your ceiling has issues
- Has 5 separate projector mounting locations
- Ideal for mounting any type of projectors
- It is strong and features high-quality parts but not heavy
- Has no vertical adjustability
For anyone with a drop-in ceiling, just get this universal projector mount. It is the best on the market, and you will find it very easy to install. It will work perfectly with any type of projectors and is strong enough for a safe operation and also has multiple projector mounting points enabling easy alignment.
6. Mount-It! Wall Projector Mount, Universal Adjustable Design, Extendable LCD/DLP Length, Benq, Epson, Optoma Projectors
For anyone looking for a durable and universal fit projector mount then this here will be a good deal and if your wall is made of either wood stud, brick or solid concrete, this projector mount is designed for you. It features a heavy-duty construction as it is made of high-quality aluminum materials which make it strong enough to support a maximum of 33 lbs. making it safe for the projectors. The projector wall mount also is a universal fit which makes it ideal for any projector that you will find on the market. This saves the buyers the worry of wondering if you are ordering the right projector mount for your type of projector and you will be sure that even if you decide to replace or just add a new projector, you won’t be forced to buy a new mount.
This wall projector mount also features four adjustable arms that you can rotate, extend or retract individually to suit your kind of projector mounting pattern. This adds to its universal fit feature enabling perform perfectly for any projector. With this projector mount, you will also get a full-motion-mount thus allowing perfect projection angles. And above all this, you will also have a safe and super easy installation as the mount will easily bolt to your projector and the hardware is provided in your purchase.
- It is a universal fit
- All the four arms are adjustable and can be retracted, extended or rotated individually thus suiting different projector mounting designs
- It features a heavy duty construction comprising of high-quality aluminum material
- It also features a full-motion-mount and an adjustable design
- It is safe and easy to install
- Ideal for brick, wood stud and solid concrete walls
- Isolated complaints of users not being able to tilt it but you just need to locate the bolt used to control the tilt. It is located on the outside of its plate. You loosen it to tilt then tighten it back
This is a universal fit wall projector mount featuring a full motion mount and heavy-duty construction. It will fit any projectors found on the market, and it comes with all the hardware needed for installation thus making it safe and easy.
5. Vantage Point CGUPM12-S Projector Mount, Universal Front Mount
The Vantage Point CGUPM12-S Projector Mount is made from die-cast aluminum and steel thus it’s a durably constructed and features a simple and clean finish to give it an attractive view from your ceiling. Due to its design, this projector mount can perfectly function from either a vaulted or flat ceilings, and this makes it an ideal deal for most buyers.
It also has a 360-degree rotation meaning that it can be used from whatever side and still give perfect results. This feature too makes it ideal for most people searching for a projector mount because nobody can never predict when they will need to use the 360-degree rotation feature. In addition to the 360-degree rotation, design is the unique design that gives each of its arms their own height adjustment. This makes it super possible for you to use each of the arms at different heights for perfect results.
- Universal LCD/DLP with 12-inch drop projector mount
- 360-degree rotation
- Features a tilt & roll adjustment
- Each arm has its own height adjustment
- It is designed for only projectors with 3 mounting points, so it is difficult to use on those with 4, but it’s a super great mount
This is a 360-degree rotating projector mount and has different height adjustments for each of its arms, which make it a better deal for anyone who will be on different projects. It features a durable construction and a clean finish to look good on your vaulted or flat ceilings.
4. QualGear Projector Ceiling Mount, QG-PM-002-WHT, Universal Mount
The QualGear’s QG-PM-002-WHT features a 2-in-1 design meaning that the buyer can choose to install it either as a Telescopic or Flush mount. This makes it more preferable by most people who intend to use their projectors on different projects that require different installations. Once you get this projector mount, you will be in a position to use two different angle adjustments in the form of Pivot + or -10 degrees and Pitch + or -15 degrees, and thus you can always get your images in the angle you need for perfect results.
The mount also Features cable management that conceals HDMI, video cables, and audio thus you can get whatever option you want. You will also have the easiest time installing it. Most people describe its installation process as a simple 1-2-3 process that only takes few minutes to complete. The construction is strong and passes the durability test perfectly. It’s not a universal projector mount but will fit most brands that have mounting holes on the projectors that range between 1-inch and 17.5-inches. This is the best projector mount that you can get based on cost, construction, and design.
- Fits a wide range of projector brands that have mounting holes between 1” & 17.5.”
- Easy installation
- Features quickly connect/release to your projector
- Durable construction
- Features cable management that conceals HDMI, video cables, and audio
- Has two angle adjustments, i.e. Pivot + or -10 degrees and Pitch + or -15 degrees
- Features a 2-in-one design that enables you to install as a Telescopic or Flush Mount
- The mount cannot be installed on vaulted walls and ceilings
This is a great projector mount with the easiest installation process, durable construction, awesome design and great angle adjustments. It works amazingly as long as it is compatible with your projector and installed on the right wall or ceiling.
3. Peerless Projector Mount, PRG-UNV Precision, Spider Universal Adaptor-Plate
The Peerless PRG-UNV features a pre-assembled design that reduces installation time. This makes your work easy and you can mount and start using your projector in the shortest time possible. With the precision gear, the installation time is greatly reduced, and you find it easy to align your mount by easily turning the adjustment knobs. This is very helpful for people who do not have a lot of time to spend on installations and mounting as well as for newbies who are owning a projector mount for the first time.
The PRG-UNV has a universal spider adapter, so whatever your projector is, or you are planning to buy, you can be sure that it will be compatible with it. It’s also a black mount with a great finish and a 50 lbs. Weight capacity. With this mount, you will be sure that you will be getting super accurate projector images alignments because it features a patent-pending precision gear and 2 adjustment knobs to control the projector image alignment. This is important because any projector mount that does not give a proper image alignment is just useless. Also, when it comes to the flush mounting installations, you will be able to do it fast and with ease because this mount has the horizontal wrench access-slots that perfectly simplifies the task.
- Apart from the PRG-UNV projector mount you also get the mounting hardware and easy-to-follow instructions
- The universal spider adaptor-plate offers universal compatibility with any projector models within the 50lbs range
- You can easily remove the projector from your mount as it this mount features the quick-release mechanism
- Features an integrated cable management
- Provides easy image alignment with the innovative gear design
- Isolated complaints of it being tedious to adjust the unit up & down when mounted directly to the ceiling but it’s workable
For easy and perfect image alignment as well as installation because everything is pre-assembled as the projector mount features an innovative fear design. It’s also has a universal spider adaptor-plate that provides universal compatibility with all projector model falling within the 50lbs. weight range.
2. Cheetah APMEB Universal Projector Mount, Universal Ceiling Mount
This is a very configurable projector mount with a nice finish. If you are looking for a 100% universal mount that’s compatible with any projectors in the market, then Cheetah APMEB is your deal. This projector mount features 4 connection components that are extendable or retractable to attach to the projector’s mounting holes. This is a one-of-a-kind projector mount as all its arms adjust fully and can be removed for it to be compatible with those projectors that do not have all the 4 mounting points. With this mount, you can install it on vaulted ceilings because it features a vaulted ceiling plate. In short, no one can ever go wrong with the APMEB mount design. Also, for low profile mounting or setups requiring extension poles, this is still the ideal deal.
This projector mount also comes with a safety cable which allows you to attach your projector to it with a metal tether which adds to security during installation. Once you have mounted your projector, you can still use this cable as an extra element of security. With this projector mount, you also get the best cable management as the center of the included ceiling plate will be stamped out allowing the cables to pass through giving you a sleek and clean cable management system. You won’t have doubts about how safe the mount is or if it is going to work with your new projector because it is totally universal and will perfectly be installed on your vaulted ceiling while offering you the best security even after mounting your projector.
- The Cheetah APMEB is a 100% universal mount, so it will mount any projectors in the market
- Have 4 adjustable arms that fully adjusts to fit any projector and are all removable for the mount to work with projectors with less than four mounting points
- Ideal for vaulted ceilings as it features a vaulted ceiling plate
- Ideal for both low profile mounting and any setups requiring an extra pole
- Features a safety cable to offer security during installation and after your projector is mounted
- Isolated complaints of the ball joint being a bit loose but you can avoid this inserting a plastic washer that is supplied with your purchase. Most people miss this
The Cheetah APMEB offers a 100% compatibility with any projectors, and its four arms are all adjustable and removable if need be. It also offers total security when being installed on the ceiling and after the project is mounted. It’s also perfect for vaulted ceilings thus if these features fit what you are looking for, place your money on it and you will love it.
1. VideoSececu Projector Mount, Vaulted Ceiling Mount, Adjustable Extension Pole, Black PJ2B 1C9
If you are looking for a projector mount that will fit either vaulted or flat ceiling, then this here is what you should get. First, it is in black colour, which makes it a better option for colour blending purposes, and it’s lightweight but strong enough for proper installation and operation. The whole item is super flexible to meet everyone’s installation needs, and you can buy it confidently because it’s the best LCD projector you can find in terms of design and safety.
Features such as the no-slip adjustment system that allows one to easily and quickly achieve a perfectly square image by just fine-tuning the projector adjustments and the uniquely designed arms that allow safe installation make this projector the best there is. Also, mounting becomes super easy and quick because everything you need for the process is included in the box, which makes it even cheaper. This mount has multiple axis calibrations options, and it will only take you some few minutes to get how you are supposed to align everything and fit them perfectly.
- It is an attractive, sturdy and lightweight projector mount
- Comes with everything needed for proper installation
- Fits both vaulted and flat ceilings
- Features a no-slip adjustment system for safe installation and operation
- Features a steel construction
- Super flexible
- Isolated complaints of the paint scratching easily but this should not be a bother because you will rarely be in a position to scratch it
The VideoSececu is a great projector mount with the easiest installation process, durable construction, awesome design and great angle adjustments. It works amazingly with both flat and vaulted ceiling installations to give you the best cinema experience.
With the above factors to consider and a list of the best projector mounts reviewed in 2019, you will easily land the best mount for you and begin enjoying that cinema experience. Just like in all other products, never go shopping for a projector mount without a proper prior research because what you get online and in stores can be overwhelming, and you will rarely meet an honest seller as their main goal is to make the sales by all means.