When power outlets are few or are generally located in accessible areas of the house or office, power strips are ideal to have. With their cords that are at least 3 feet, you can be sure that you can conveniently plug your electrical appliances or charge your gadgets closer to you.
When you’re looking for power strips, you don’t pick the first one you see online. You’ll need to consider if it is something that will best fit your needs. You might also check out these features:
- Numbers of outlets: Depending on your needs and the availability of fixed power outlets in your building or home, some products offer as many as 12 outlets.
- Surge protector: Take note that power strips are different from surge protectors, which are capable of protecting your gadgets and appliances against power surges. But it’s a big plus when the strips come with the protectors.
- Length of cord: Consider the distance you need in having electrical ports from the fixed outlets to your preferred accessible areas.
- Flexible ports: Some strips only offer ports for standard plugs while others are designed to fit any kind of plug. Some strips even offer separate USB outlets for consumer electronics.
Table of Contents
And here are our top 10 best Power Strips in 2019:
- 10. Inland 03201 Power Strip
- 9. Power Strip BESTEK 6-Outlet Surge Protector with 6-Foot Power Cord
- 8. Save more Smart 8-Outlet with 4-USB Output Surge Protection Power Strip
- 7. Fellowes 6-Outlet Office/Home Power Strip, 4 Foot Cord – Wall Mountable (99000)
- 6. Belkin 6-Outlet Surge Protector with 2-Foot Cord (2-Pack)
- 5. BESTEK 8-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip 6 Feet Cord with 5. 2A 4-Port USB universal Charging Station
- 4. Rosewill 6-Outlet Power Strip 6 ft Cord with Individual Switches (RPS-200)
- 3. AmazonBasics 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip, 790 Joule
- 2. Tripp Lite 7 Outlet (6 Right Angle + 1 Transformer Outlet) Surge Protector Power Strip
- 1. Belkin 6-Outlet Commercial Surge Protector with 8-Foot Cord and Rotating Plug, BE106000-08R – Best of Power Strips in 2019 Reviews in 2019
And here are our top 10 best Power Strips in 2019:
10. Inland 03201 Power Strip
The Inland 03201 is a 12-outlet power strip with a metal in between the outlets that are around 2. 5 inches apart. It is designed for the ultimate indoor use. It has 12-outlets spaced in a way that each outlet can be easily accessed. The power strip features a cord that is 3 feet long, a heavy-duty metal body and differentiated outlets to ensure safety.
9. Power Strip BESTEK 6-Outlet Surge Protector with 6-Foot Power Cord
The BESTEK 6-Outlet Surge Protector is a perfect power solution for a home or office. It has six surge-protected outlets that allow the user to charge six devices at once. It is ideal for home appliances and general electronics. In addition, it offers power surge protection for electronics, computers, and connected devices. The power strip has a six-foot-long power cord to facilitate flexible placement, as well as rubber mats and hanging slots to allow the user keep it where he or she wants.
8. Save more Smart 8-Outlet with 4-USB Output Surge Protection Power Strip
The Save more Smart 8-Outlet power strip is ideal for home or office use. With its six-foot black power cord, it is a professional workstations solution for a user’s multiple devices like home theater systems, computers, and printers. The power strip has four universal USB ports equipped with the auto-adjust charging rate for all of the user’s smartphones, digital cameras, and tablets. It has a surge protector with a rating of between 100V and 250V and can protect electronic appliances with an inbuilt circuit breaker. It is made up of a fireproof ABS plastic as well as PVC copper cable and can be easily and safely used by children and the elderly.
7. Fellowes 6-Outlet Office/Home Power Strip, 4 Foot Cord – Wall Mountable (99000)
The Fellowes 6-Outlet 99000 is an economical electronic grade Power Strip that can be used both at home and in the office. It has three-prong outlets, a three-prong grounded plug, and four feet long cord. It also has an illuminated on/off switch having a 15-amp circuit breaker. The power strip is both cUL and U.L. Approved and can be mounted on a wall.
6. Belkin 6-Outlet Surge Protector with 2-Foot Cord (2-Pack)
With the Belkin 6-Outlet Surge Protector, individuals can give themselves peace of mind that their offices are safeguarded against power surges. It’s six outlet strips gives the user the freedom to plug in desktop computers, laptops, routers, printers as well as any other electronic device with confidence. Considering its 525 joules, the user will be protected from power spikes and surges while at the same time minimizing the risk of data loss, damage, system crashes and file corruption. This power strip has a 2-meter long cord that enables it to be used in any living space.
5. BESTEK 8-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip 6 Feet Cord with 5. 2A 4-Port USB universal Charging Station
The BESTEK 8-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip has 4-port USB ports and a six-foot long cord surge protector. This makes it perfect for powering up to 12 electronic devices at once and protecting them from power spikes and surges. The USB ports facilitate quick and efficient charging of up to four digital devices at the same time. With a total of 5. 2A, it eliminates USB chargers. The power strip has a compact design and keyhole slots at its back that allows it to be mounted on baseboards or walls. It has a lighted on/off switch having an integrated circuit breaker that offers overload protection. It is made up of a fire resistant heavy-duty material and an inbuilt EMI noise reduction that protects all connected devices.
4. Rosewill 6-Outlet Power Strip 6 ft Cord with Individual Switches (RPS-200)
The Rosewill RPS-200 6-Outlet Power Strip provides outstanding power protection both for home and small office electronic appliances as well as other connected devices. It has six outlets, each of which has individually illuminated switches. These features offer the user the flexibility of independently switching off the equipment so that some devices can continue working, such as a router, video surveillance, and a modem. The strip has a 15-A circuit breaker that offers maximum protection against overloads.
3. AmazonBasics 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip, 790 Joule
The AmazonBasics Surge Protector Power Strip is a 6-Outlet strip having a single transformer outlet. It has a 3-line, 790-Joule surge protection rating that helps in protecting small appliances like lamps and phones. The power strip has a six foot long 14 AWG power cord. It also has a LED indicator light having a 15A circuit breaker to signify there is protection.
2. Tripp Lite 7 Outlet (6 Right Angle + 1 Transformer Outlet) Surge Protector Power Strip
The Tripp Lite 7 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip provides convenient, cost-effective and reliable power distribution for power tools, lighting, appliances and other electrical equipment. It has seven total outlets and a 12 feet cord. Its black house has keyhole mounting slots and a single designated transformer plug outlet.
1. Belkin 6-Outlet Commercial Surge Protector with 8-Foot Cord and Rotating Plug, BE106000-08R – Best of Power Strips in 2019 Reviews in 2019
The Belkin BE106000-08R 6-Outlet Commercial Surge Protector is number one on the top ten power strips list. It offers exceptional power protection for small home electrical appliances as well as other connected devices. The power strip has a 360-degree rotating plug ad 720-Joule energy rating. Its sleek and slim design match seamlessly with modern appliances and electronics.
Choose your power strips wisely, and preferably one that will provide you with greater flexibility when it comes to gaining access to a power source for your electronic appliances, consumer gadgets and among other devices.