There are many benefits that come with using a memory foam mattress over other mattress types. The main one is that their motion isolation and conforming ability are above average. This allows for increased comfort. On the downside, memory foam mattresses are likely retain heat as well restrict body movement. The goal of this post is to highlight the best models on the market.
Table of Contents
- 10. LUCID 5-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- 9. Resort Queen 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
- 8. Zinus Memory Foam Mattress, Full Size
- 7. Zinus Memory Foam Mattress, Twin
- 6. LUCID 10-Inch Dual Layered Memory Foam Mattress
- 5. Zinus Sleep Master Ultima 8-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
- 4. Best Price Mattress 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
- 3. Signature Sleep 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
- 2. Zinus 12-Inch Green Tea Mattress
- 1. Tuft & Needle Queen Mattress
10. LUCID 5-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
The main highlight of this mattress is the 100% CertiPUR-US certified memory foam. It features a 1-inch comfort layer made of gel-infused cooling memory foam. The supportive base is four inches thick and offers a firm feel that conforms to your body quickly, thus relieving pressure and providing improved support. This mattress comes with a cover that’s made from 100% polyester, a material that’s preferred for its breathability. The inner material is 100% polyurethane foam. Taking care of this mattress is quite easy as it only requires occasional spot cleaning. It is backed by a 25 year warranty that covers defects in workmanship as well as materials.
- Gel infused cooling memory foam
- Superior comfort
- Breathable cover
- Only suitable for kids and not adults of all sizes
9. Resort Queen 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
This mattress cradles you and your loved ones in a top layer of Air Infused Visco-Elastic Foam that’s 2.5 inches thick. This layer sits on a thick, high-density supportive base that stimulates sensations of a luxury hotel. It is a great mattress for someone who’s struggling with a condition that requires minimal pressure on the joints such as Fibromylagia. The mattress is available in several sizes and is offered with free pillows. Some of the cooling innovations incorporated include a knit cover that has a soft texture, is easy to clean and works with any furniture in the bedroom. Like most mattresses on this list, the memory foam used to make this mattress is 100% CertiPUR-US certified.
- Thick supportive base
- Great for people with joint problems
- Incredibly comfortable
- Comes in various sizes
- A littke too firm for some users
8. Zinus Memory Foam Mattress, Full Size
The Zinus Memory Foam Mattress offers unprecedented comfort with several layers. Such include a 5-inch high density base support foam, 3-inches of comfort foam, 2-inches of memory foam, as well as one inch of Viscolatex foam, which offers plenty of responsiveness. It’s important that the memory foam is also infused with charcoal, green tea as well as natural plant oil. These allow for minimized use of chemicals and help reduce odors. The CertiPUR-US certified memory foam is backed by a 10 year warranty and offers high performance while ensuring longevity. The manufacturer recommends opening the package upon receivership and allowing 72 hours for the mattress to return to its plush shape.
- CertiPUR-US certifed foam
- Memory foam is infused with charcoal, green tea and natural plant oil
- Plenty of responsiveness thanks to Viscolatex foam
- It is a little less than 10 inhces once fully expanded
- Some users complained of pressure points
7. Zinus Memory Foam Mattress, Twin
This is the twin-size equivalent of the Zinus Memory Foam Mattress reviewed above. It is 6 inches thick and is made up of two layers, all made of varied types of memory foam. The layers include 1.5 inches of memory as well as 4.5 inches of high density base support foam. The foam is CertiPUR-US certified for performance, durability and content sleep. BioFoam, one of the latest foam innovations, is used to replace the traditional petroleum based chemicals with natural plant oils; thus minimizing odors.
- CertiPUR-USA certified for performance, durability and content
- Constructed with Biofoam, hence minimal odors
- Great for children
- Conforms to the natural shape of the body nicely
- Takes up to one week to fully decompress
6. LUCID 10-Inch Dual Layered Memory Foam Mattress
This is a dual layer mattress that combines 7.5 inches of high density foam base with 2.5 inches of gel infused, ventilated memory foam. This goes a long way towards ensuring maximum support with medium-firm feel without putting pressure on the joints. The foam is CertiPUR-US certified for performance as well as safety. In addition, the mattress comes with a TENCEL blend fabric cover that allows for temperature and moisture regulation, hence creating a comfort air layer. What’s even better is that it is shipped in a compressed, rolled and easy to manage packaging. Like other LUCID mattresses, this one is backed by a 25-year warranty.
- Dual layer mattress made with CertiPUR US certified foam
- Maximum support
- Cover is made with TENCEL blend fabric
- Smartly shipped
- Some users complained of back pain
5. Zinus Sleep Master Ultima 8-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
Zinus Inc. is a company that’s recognized as an industry leader, offering a wide range of lifestyle products. One of their best offerings is the Sleep Master Ultima, an innerspring mattress that is equipped with a fiber quilted cover as well as high quality foam. Its midrange firmness makes it a great choice for children, but the same cannot be said for adults. The core features hundreds of independent coils that provide customized support while minimizing motion transfer. Layers include a 7.5-inch spring section at the bottom for support, 0.5 inch high density foam in the middle and 4.5-inches of comfort foam at the top. It is CertiPUR-US certified, eco-friendly and comes with a fiber quilted euro box top cover that’s easy to clean.
- Inner spring provides plenty of comfort
- Fiber quilted cover allows for breathability
- Minimal motion transfer
- Not ideal for adults of all sizes
4. Best Price Mattress 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
The pressure relief system is one of the major highlights of the Best Price Mattress 10-inch. This is because it makes the user feel relaxed and comfortable when lying on this mattress. The various layers are designed to ensure that the mattress adapts to different body parts and offers flexibility, which is important for people who toss in their sleep. The layers include 5-inches of high density foam at the bottom, 2-inches of super-soft foam in the middle as well as a 3-inches of charcoal-infused memory foam at the top. All of these layers are protected from external elements by a comfort poly jacquard cover. The mattress only weighs 60 pounds and comes in three sizes. Its ability to eradicate pressure points makes it a great choice for people who struggle with joint pains.
- Comfortable and relaxing
- Adapts to the natural body shape
- Great flexibility for those who toss in their sleep
- Available in three sizes
- A little too soft for some users
3. Signature Sleep 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
This mattress comes in four sizes and consists of two layers i.e. 8.5 inches of high density foam at the bottom and 3.5 inches of comfortable memory foam at the top. It conforms well to the natural shape of your body, while eradicating pressure points. The CertiPUR-US certified foam is free of heavy metals, flame retardants, formaldehyde, ozone depleters or other harmfurl chemicals. It distributes weight evenly, thus providing balanced support. The soft cover is made from breathable material. Signature Sleep recommends allowing 48 hours for the mattress to return to its original shape.
- Extremely supportive 8.5″ base
- CertiPUR-US certified foam
- Free from harmful substances and chemicals
- Even distribution of weight and minimal pressure points
- Cover is soft and made from breathable material
- May take longer than the recommended 48 hours to decompress
2. Zinus 12-Inch Green Tea Mattress
Zinus is credited with making many mattresses over the years but none of them surpasses the comfort offered by the 12-inch Green Tea Mattress. It is made up of four layers including high density support foam, high-density foam, comfort foam as well as memory foam. All of the above foams are CertiPUR-US certified for performance and safety. The fact that the foam is infused with green tea guarantees that the mattress will stay fresh for years. As such, you don’t have to worry about odors. Minimal heat retention, pressure relieving support and edge support are some of the qualities that make this mattress an exceptional product.
- Four layers of CertiPUR-US certified foam
- The foam is infused with green tea to minimize odors
- Pressure relieving support
- Minimal heat retention
- Not the best for heavy users
1. Tuft & Needle Queen Mattress
Our #1 pick for best memory foam mattress is the Tuft & Needle Queen Mattress. Given the low price, the company certainly did a great job of product development. It is made in the United States with propriety foam that combines the best of latex foam and memory foam. The mattress offers 10-inches of unparalleled support and comes with a cover made from polyester as well as rayon. There is minimal motion transfer, making it a great option for those who sleep with their partners. The fact that it ships directly from the factory means that you don’t have t worry about overhead costs.
- Smartly shipped
- Made with propriety foam that’s CertiPUR-US certified
- 10-inches of great support
Truth be told, there is nothing like a best memory foam mattress. At the end of the day, your choice of best memory foam mattress depends on your needs and the amount of money you’re willing to spend. The above models were chosen based on customer ratings and we hope that it helps ease the search for a mattress that’s right for you or your loved ones.