Top 10 Best Japanese Vegetable Knives in 2020 Reviews
Japanese people always pride themselves on the attention and focus on detail while making any products, and Japanese knives are no exception. In fact, they are among the best knives all over the world since there are a lot of mastery and skill go into the manufacturing industry. Most Japanese knives are made of high-quality materials with a sharp edge and extreme precision to give you the finest cut of sushi, sashimi, and vegetables.
However, it can be a challenging task to choose the right knife since there are so many brands and manufacturers out there. Below is our list of top 10 best Japanese vegetable knives reviews to help you make a better purchasing decision.
Table of Contents
- 1. Mercer Culinary Nakiri Vegetable Knife
- 2. Shun TDM0742 Nakiri Knife
- 3. Dalstrong VG10 Nakiri Vegetable Knife
- 4. Kai 6716N Black Wasabi Nakiri Knife
- 5. Dalstrong Gladiator Series Nakiri Vegetable Knife
- 6. TradaFor Chef Japanese Vegetable Knife
- 7. Cool Knife 8-inch Vegetable, Sushi, Fish, and Meat Knife
- 8. Greener Chef Damascus Professional Knife
- 9. Tuo Cutlery Black Guardian Series Chef Knife
- 10. Zvpod 8-inch Professional Chef Knife
1. Mercer Culinary Nakiri Vegetable Knife
The first product on our list is the vegetable knife by Mercer Culinary, a famous manufacturer in this industry. This model is made of no-stain and high-carbon German steel that is able to resist discoloration, corrosion, and rust. Thus, it can be used in your kitchen for a long period. With a single-edge blade that is sharp and taped with a great stone finish, you can use it to cut or chop any kinds of vegetable easily within minutes. To enhance the comfort and safety, the manufacturer constructs a slip-resistant wood handle that would increase the force between your hand and the knife.
- Razor sharp for easy cutting or chopping
- Made of no-stain, high-carbon German steel
- Discoloration, corrosion, and rust resistance
- Slip-resistant handle made of wood
- Single-edge blade with a fine finish
- Limited lifetime guarantee
2. Shun TDM0742 Nakiri Knife
When it comes to Shin knives, amazing sharpness and beautiful design are the first things come to our mind. While the Shun TDM0742 Nakiri is not the most affordable product on the market, it is probably one of the sharpest knives in your kitchen. With a size of 5.5 inches and a thin blade, it is a perfect choice to cut or chop vegetables while still providing the perfect balance as well as complete control over the maneuver and drop. What’s more, this TDM0742 knife by Shun comes with layered Damascus steel that has a very striking and gorgeous look. Thus, it is definitely an outstanding option to make your kitchen look special.
- Hand-hammered and striking finish
- Made of layered Damascus steel
- Cut vegetable easily with a thin blade
- The handle is comfortable and secure
- Reduce drag while cutting
- Rather costly compared to other products
3. Dalstrong VG10 Nakiri Vegetable Knife
The Dalstrong VG10 vegetable knife is a very nice looking product with the perfect combination of a unique, awe-inspiring design, award-winning craftsmanship, and advanced technology. It features VG-10 steel that is super sharp and hard to give you the best performance while cutting vegetables. Also, this stainless and high-carbon steel is able to resist to stain, rust, or corrosion and ensure an exceptional durability. With an ergonomic shape, the handle is designed for better comfort, agility, and control while still giving you a smooth cutting. Lastly, its 55-mm blade would allow for enhanced knuckle clearance, which makes it easier to scoop foods up on the blade.
- Awe-inspiring and unique design
- High-quality materials for long-lasting use
- Corrosion and rust resistance
- Minimize stuck and drag while cutting
- Ultra-premium and durable handle
- Ergonomic form for smooth and comfortable grip
- The blade is pretty thick
4. Kai 6716N Black Wasabi Nakiri Knife
If all you are looking for is just a good Japanese knife to cut or chop vegetables, the Kai 6716N is undoubtedly a great choice to consider. It comes with all advanced features that you hardly find in any other products, including an embellished finish, multi-use function, great edge retention, sturdy handle, and bead-blasted blade. Also, the Kai 6716N Nakiri knife features a standard blade form that includes antibacterial content and impregnation for preparing clean food as well as reducing the sticking effect of food items.
- Chop vegetables thoroughly and quickly
- Attractively embellished finish
- Bead-blasted blades for a unique look
- Clean and sturdy handle
- Made of stainless and high-carbon steel for enhanced edge retention
- The lifetime guarantee is limited
5. Dalstrong Gladiator Series Nakiri Vegetable Knife
Dalstrong is a well-known brand that always brings the feeling of satisfaction to all chefs all over the world by producing knife models with the greatest craftsmanship and design. And the Gladiator series, which specializes in double-bevel vegetables, is no exception. With a perfect combination of a vegetable cleaver and other components of a chef’s knife, it is great for push cuts and food transfer. In addition, its blade is improved with the rock-hollow divots that help reduce friction and stuck on foods. And just like other products on the list, the Dalstrong Gladiator Series is made of high-quality German steel with excellent stain and wear resistance.
- Combined technology for push cuts and food transfer
- Outstanding design components
- Amazingly razor sharp to improve efficiency
- Forged from high-carbon German steel
- Reduce slicing resistance while cutting
- Maximized flexibility and hardness
- Rather big than standard knives
6. TradaFor Chef Japanese Vegetable Knife
This chef vegetable knife by TradaFor makes it into our list thanks to a perfect balance between 3 factors, including affordable price, usability, and quality. Firstly, it is made of German steel to ensure the overall quality as well as the long-lasting performance, especially the high-carbon edge. At the same time, this knife is rust or moisture resistant, meaning that you can hone or sharpen the blade easily if necessary to improve the efficiency of cutting or chopping vegetables. Last but not least, the manufacturer designs this knife with an ergonomic handle to help reduce tension or drag, making it much easier to perform your skills.
- Thin and straight blade for easy cutting
- Improved grip with ergonomic and firm design
- Easy and balanced to use for vegetables
- Produced from high-quality German steel
- Complete protection against moisture
- The knife is pretty heavy
7. Cool Knife 8-inch Vegetable, Sushi, Fish, and Meat Knife
Out of those Japanese vegetable knives on this list, the Cool Knife model is probably the most popular ones thanks to its unrivaled sharpness and durability. With a size of 8 inches and a thin blade, it is a great choice to cut or chop vegetables while still providing the perfect balance as well as complete control over the maneuver and drop. In addition, this vegetable knife by the Cool Knife is made of VG10 steel with 67-layered Damascus that brings a very striking and gorgeous look. So if you are searching for an exact fit for the culinary needs, especially for chopping vegetables and meat, there is no reason not to buy this great knife.
- Durable and high-quality materials
- Exactly fit in your hands
- Ideal for chopping vegetables and meat
- Unique and ergonomic design
- Enhance cooking experience
- Comfortable and balanced grip
- Pricey than standard products
8. Greener Chef Damascus Professional Knife
What makes this knife model by Greener different from other products on the market is the accompany of an organic bamboo cutting board that is beautifully designed. For the knife itself, it comes with an innovative and classy form, as well as its drip trough and smooth edges that can be cleaned up easily and quickly. By combining advanced technology and traditional craftsmanship, the manufacturer has constructed a handle with superior comfort and convenience while cutting vegetables in the kitchen. Lastly, a combination of VG-10 core, 67-layered Damascus form, and 60 Rockwell Hardness bring a significant reduction of drag.
- Designed with a beautiful and classy form
- Include an organic bamboo cutting board
- Drag reduction with the tsuchime finish
- Comfortable handle for better control
- Hammered finish
- Corrosion resistance to keep the cleanness and sharpness
- Bamboo fibers might be peeled away from the board
9. Tuo Cutlery Black Guardian Series Chef Knife
The Guardian Series knife by Tuo is designed with multi-use function in mind since it is great for carving, slicing, or cutting most types of ingredients, including vegetables and meat. While it is not the most affordable model out there, it is probably one of the sharpest knives with extraordinary performance in your kitchen. Just like other knives on this list, it is forged from premium stainless steel to ensure that there is no squishing or tearing after using, as well as provide precise cut with effortless ease. Lastly, its one-piece handle, which has an ergonomic form, allows for comfortable grips and helps avoid any accidental slicing.
- Can be used for various purposes
- Forged from ultra stainless steel to last longer
- No squishing or tearing after using
- Ergonomic one-piece handle for maximized comfort
- Corrosion, wear, and rust resistance
- Lifetime guarantee
- A little pricey than usual
10. Zvpod 8-inch Professional Chef Knife
Do you want to buy a chef knife that can be used for various purposes with a perfect toughness and sharpness? Then consider taking the Zyoid 8-inch chef knife into your consideration list. As a popular brand, it always brings the feeling of satisfaction to all chefs all over the world by producing knife models with the greatest craftsmanship and design. Mincing, chopping, slicing, dicing, or cutting, all of these tasks can be done easily within minutes. And just like other products on the list, the Zypod chef knife is made of high-quality Japanese steel with excellent stain and wear resistance to ensure the toughness and sharpness for a long period.
- Made of premium stainless steel
- Rust resistant for a glossy finish
- Great sharpness for a long time
- Ergonomic and lightweight design
- Used for various purposes: chop, slice, dice, or cut
- Comfortable and effortless to use in the kitchen
- The handle grip is quite uncomfortable
In overall, no matter if you are an amateur or professional cook, having a Japanese vegetable knife can help you save a lot of time and effort on cooking. With extreme precision as well as impeccable sharpness, all of those products on our list can satisfy your demand and enhance your experience in the kitchen. Just have a look and choose your favorite model. Thank you a lot for reading and sharing with us.