A good set of kitchen knives or a good utility knife is an investment. Like any investment, you will want to take care of it. Knife sharpening is the most important part of keeping your knives in good working order. If you are like most people, you probably never sharpen your knives, or if you do, you probably do not do it often. One of the reasons why people do not sharpen their knives is because it can take a long time if you do it by hand. An electric knife sharpener makes it quick and easy. The following top 10 best electric knife sharpeners in 2019 will help you find an electric knife sharpener to suit your needs and protect your investment, but first, let’s examine the reasons why you need to sharpen your knife.
Table of Contents
- 1. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- 2. Presto 08810 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
- 3. SunrisePro Knife Sharpener
- 4. Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Electric Knife Sharpener
- 5. LINKYO Knife Sharpener
- 6. Chef’s Choice 270 Diamond Hone Hybrid Knife Sharpener
- 7. Work Sharp KSKTS Knife and Tool Sharpener
- 8. Work Sharp ESKTS-KO Knife and Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition
- 9. Chef’s Choice 250 Diamond Hone Hybrid Knife Sharpener
- 10. Chef’s Choice 129 Diamond Hone 3-Stage Professional Knife Sharpener
1. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
The Presto 08800 EverSharp electric knife sharpener uses a two-stage sharpening system that sharpens any non-serrated blade quickly and conveniently. It has precision blade guides to position the knife perfectly for professional results every time.
– Easy to use.
– Automatic blade angling
– Uses Sapphirite as grinding material, not as hard as diamonds
– Requires 120 volt electrical systems. Might not work in all homes.
2. Presto 08810 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
The Presto 08810 Professional electric knife sharpener uses a three-stage sharpening system that allows you to get professional results at home. It has several different interchangeable blade guides so that you can adjust for the type of knife.
– Sharpens non-serrated kitchen knives and sports knives.
– Fast sharpening mechanism
– Plastic body
– The user must know which blade guides to use for the knife
– Sapphirite grinding material and ceramic honing wheels
3. SunrisePro Knife Sharpener
The SunrisePro Knife Sharpener is compact and easy to use. It does not take u much space on your counter or in your cabinets. It has powerful suction pads to keep it stable and secure while you are sharpening.
– Lightweight and portable
– Can sharpen gardening shears and other blades
– Can sharpen serrated blades and blender blades
– Not as powerful as comparable models
– User must maintain proper blade angle
– Many attachments and complicated to use for different blades
4. Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Electric Knife Sharpener
The Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect electric knife sharpener goes beyond the standard 20-degree factory blade edge angle. It produces a 15-degree angle, which means that your knives will be ultra-sharp. It has a three-stage system that will allow you to sharpen to the perfect edge every time.
– Trizor XV edge technology
– Flexible spring guides for accurate control during sharpening
– Diamond grinding surface
– Sharpens serrated blades
– More costly than other models
– More suited for the professional than the home user
5. LINKYO Knife Sharpener
The LINKYO electric knife sharpener uses a two stage knife sharpening system. It has automatic blade positioning guides for a perfect edge. Quick and easy to use. Stage 1 shapes the angle and gets it back to factory sharpness. Stage 2 hones and polishes the blade.
– Comes with a 1-year warranty
– Non-slip suction cups keep it in place
– Has a receptacle to catch the metal filings
– Will not do serrated edges
– Does not use diamond grinding surfaces
6. Chef’s Choice 270 Diamond Hone Hybrid Knife Sharpener
The Chef’s Choice 270 electric knife sharpener uses a three-stage sharpening system that uses diamond grinding surfaces. It is versatile and can be used for kitchen knives, sport knives, pocket knives, and serrated blades.
– Patented crisscross technology to get a perfect edge
– Can be used manually or as an electric sharpener
– Creates a durable arched edge that is stronger than straight blades
– May be difficult to maintain proper knife angle
– Best for experienced users
7. Work Sharp KSKTS Knife and Tool Sharpener
The Work Sharp WSKTS knife and tool sharpener is one of the most versatile sharpeners on the market. It comes with belts in three grits: coarse, medium, and fine. Sharpening guides provide consistent results even for the beginner.
– Can sharpen garden tools, shop tools, lawnmower blades
– 1-year warranty
– Works on a 110-volt electrical system will work in most US homes
– You will have to continue to purchase replacement belts
– Requires some experience and knowledge of power tools and knife sharpeners
– May not be easy to use for the home user
8. Work Sharp ESKTS-KO Knife and Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition
The Work Sharp ESKTS-KO electric knife sharpener is one of the most versatile models on the market. It has a precision guide and a variable speed system for perfect control. It is one of few systems that can sharpen scissors to new condition.
– Heavy duty, powerful motor with cooling system
– 1-year warranty
– Lightweight, only 4 pounds
– May not be for the beginner or occasional user
– Must replace belts when they wear out
– More appropriate for the workshop than the kitchen
9. Chef’s Choice 250 Diamond Hone Hybrid Knife Sharpener
The Chef’s Choice 250 Diamond hone hybrid knife sharpener is perfect for the chef who depends on keeping their knives sharp. It uses an easy 3 stage sharpening system to hone your knives for a perfect, lasting edge.
– Ultra-thin diamond grinding surfaces in stage 3 provide an ultra-sharp edge
– Easy to use for the inexperienced knife sharpener
– Advanced technology for a perfect edge
– Can sharpen serrated edges, sporting knives, most household and kitchen knives
– Grinding edges for stage 1 and stage 2 are not made from diamonds and might wear out before the diamond surface
10. Chef’s Choice 129 Diamond Hone 3-Stage Professional Knife Sharpener
The Chef’s Choice 129 Diamond Hone sharpener gives you a professional edge with easy to use technology right from your own kitchen. This versatile model uses 3-stage technology to give you the perfect edge every time. This model is a professional quality sharpener, but easy enough for the beginner to use.
– 100 % diamond abrasive surface will never wear out
– 3-year warranty
– Trizor -Plus edge technology
– Sharpens serrated knives, sporting knives, butcher knives, and professional chef’s blades
– A little more expensive than the average home model
– Only comes in white
Now you have a rundown of the top 10 best electric knife sharpeners in 2019. They come in a number of models that range from those for the home cook to those for the professional chef. Some of them are so versatile that they can sharpen any blade in your house. They are available with a number of different grinding surface materials and harnesses. You need to consider the types of blade you will be sharpening and how often you expect to use it. This list gives you many choices to choose from and you will be certain to find one that suits your needs.