Desktop Microphones are considered among essential accessories for recording audio through computers. Laptops, tablets, cell phones or even some webcams have inbuilt microphones in them. But when you are working on some professional voice recording project like uploading videos, podcasts or recording music, you need something which is as close as professional microphones in terms of quality. Desktop microphones have superb sound quality and cheaper than the pro instruments for recording.
There are many options available for desktop microphones to choose from. The constraint for choosing the best among many options available in the market is not price always. ‘Best desktop microphone’ is relative and depends upon your requirements like type, brand value, features or sound quality.
Table of Contents
Best Desktop Microphones in 2019:
Here is list of top 10 microphones which are best according to real user reviews, rating and well research and comparision.
10. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio (2nd Gen)
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio is one of the finest computer microphones and thus made it into our top 10 list. This is a complete package including Scarlett 2i2 USB audio interface, condenser microphone, XLR mic cable, headphones and mic stand clip. The design of the instrument is able to handle even loudest and hottest picks of a guitar. There are four analog inputs: two are older designed general inputs and two are newly designed for hot guitar pickups.
Also, the company provides inbuilt software with the system.
- There is two extra input point given for hot guitar pickups which make this headphone a very good option for guitarists.
- Super low latency which makes the use of plug-ins in real time easy, without the need for DSP.
- Conversion of the recording into digital audio and then back again without decreasing the sound quality.
- Many users complain about the quality and functionality of the software provided with the headphone.
- Some users have experienced audio distortion.
9. Samson Meteor
Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone is an awesome desktop microphone which mostly positive customer reviews. It works well with iPad Apple’s USB Camera Adapter. It has the biggest diaphragms of 25 mm. It has 64 bit, 44.1/48kHz resolution. The smooth flat frequency response of 20Hz to 20KHz makes it one of the most popular desktop microphone available in the market. This microphone also comes with a 1/8” headphone jack to provide a no latency monitoring. It is very good for video conferencing as it has a microphone mute switch. The unique feature is, it needs no driver to start audio, so audio recording can be started right away on any computer.
- Driverless audio recording feature.
- Sound quality is very good and sound pick up is awesome according to user reviews.
- The design is very good, built quality and finish of the product is very nice.
- The mute button is handy and easy to use.
- Many users reported a problem that it stopped working suddenly.
8. Blue iCE
Truly built for computers, Blue iCE is one of the best options for desktop microphones. It is mainly good for skype calls, video calling or FaceTime. Comes with custom condenser capsule. No driver is needed to use this, simply plug and play option. Works well with windows operating systems versions and Mac OS versions. This is a USB only microphone. Blue iCE microphone omits surrounding noise while recording the voice. It gives a frequency response of 20Hz – to 20kHz and also the same rate of 44.1kHz/16. Very portable and comes with a stand and USB cable. A very budget friendly option for audio projects.
- No drivers needed to start. It needs just plug and play to start.
- According to the majority of the users, audio and sound quality is very good.
- Easy to use and portable.
- This is a USB only microphone. Other types of ports are not available, so, it is not good for recording pro instruments.
- According to many users, the recorded audio has very low volume.
7. Excelvan BM-800 Condenser Studio Microphone
Another budget friendly microphone for desktop recording. Floreon BM 800 or Excelvan BM 800 has some very unique features. With 48V power, it works quite well with the desktop computer. It has unique vocal intelligibility and crispness. Vocal neodymium magnet provides a high signal to noise ratio. Having cardioid pattern application it is best for studios, broadcasting stations, audio recordings, and computers, as it suppresses self-noise and feedback. The shock mount is there to reduce noise remarkably.
- The majority of the users have given positive reviews.
- Great for podcasting and internet streaming.
- Good audio quality as per user reviews within the price range.
- Many users complained about air noise in the recordings.
- The setting is tough without the help of manual.
6. Tonor TN12326
Those who want a pro-like option on a strict budget, Tonor TN12326 Professional Condenser Sound Podcast Studio Microphone is for them. Scientifically designed with 360 degrees mini flexible head and 90-degree tilt, it is a very portable microphone users may love. It can stand with a mini desktop tripod easily. Ease of use because of driver free simple plug and play option. The durable mic has 3.5mm stereo plug which fits most of the desktops and laptops. Frequency ranged from 50Hz to 16kHz to provide a smooth and excellent sound quality which suits singing speech and instruments. With a sensitivity of 55dB to 2 dB, it is best for podcasts and desktop recordings. Package includes a 3.5 mm audio jack condenser mic, one desktop tripod and one 2 m cable, which indeed is a great deal.
- As per the user reviews, the quality of the audio is excellent.
- Budget friendly
- The tripod is lightweight and the microphone is heavier than that.
- Many users experienced noise.
5. Connectland CE-ME-606
Connectland Goose Neck table top Stereo Microphone is another fan favorite option for desktop microphones. It has a unique flexible goose neck design which allows the user a comfortable sitting position in from of the system. Also, the neck is durable, flexible and best suited for long term use. This is an omnidirectional condenser microphone with crystal clear audio. Portable mic and simple plug and play use make it one of the best user’s choice microphone available in the market. It has 3.5 mm stereo plug which fits with most of the computers. The extended frequency range of 100Hz to 16K Hz with a sensitivity of -38dB +/- 2dB and S N ratio greater than 60dB, makes is very good for FaceTime, Skype chatting, YouTube recordings and other Messenger chats.
- Driverless and simple plug and play use.
- Portable and budget friendly option for internet chatting.
- Easy switch for control over voice.
- Can’t be used for professional recordings.
- Recorded audio is not loud enough as per some user reviews.
4. Shure MV5
Newer in the market than other counterparts, Shure MV5 is quite a good budget friendly desktop microphone. It’s custom tuned microphone provides best and clear audio and in built headphone is for good and clear monitoring. It has preset modes like vocals, instrumentals and …, which gives user a comfort of switching mode quickly without hassle of changing stings every time. Comes with anodized desktop stand. Comes with Micro B to USB cable which is compatible with PC, laptop or even any android device. This microphone is good for home recording, podcasting, desktop chat or video recording.
- Good and budget friendly option.
- Compatible with almost all type of devices.
- Many users complained about its longevity.
3. Samson Go Mic
When we talk about desktop microphones, Samson is one of user favorite brand. It has a major number of positive reviews. Samson Go Mic is a portable condenser microphone. Clear professional audio quality from high-quality components is the trait which makes it different from other microphones available in the market. Its cardioid pattern is best suited for podcast, acoustic or instruments and the omnidirectional pattern is ideal for webcasting, online meetings, webinars or capturing the whole room. The smooth and flat frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz which is pretty good for recording hot picks of instruments. Comes with USB cable, cable clip or carry case. It has a stereo 1/8″ headphone output to provide a no latency monitoring.
- The Very good design ensures the microphone sits on a desk comfortably or gets clipped with a laptop.
- Great and crystal clear sound quality.
- Budget friendly.
- Got some critical reviews that it stops working after a while. But very few have experienced it.
2. Razer Seiren Elite
Razer Seiren Elite USB Digital Microphone is one of our top picks for desktop microphone available in the market. It has outstanding HD recording with pro-like clarity. Best feature is it has 4 directional switching option like cardioid, Omni, bi-directional, and stereo. It has easy setup and plug and play recording. No driver is required. Zero latency headphone output that provides accurate monitoring
- The unique design of the microphone with built in stand.
- Good reviews about the durability of microphone body.
- Razer unique cable does not work well with studio compressors or gates.
1. Blue Yeti
According to user reviews, Blue Yeti is considered as the top most popular desktop microphone. The super clear audio quality, scientific and durable design and studio quality recording make it one of the best and fan favorite microphones in 2019. It has tri capsule technology and four pattern switching options to provide pro quality audio recordings. Users get the ease of use with controls of pattern selection, mute, volume control and microphone gain. The versatile microphone can be folded and adjusted. It is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems. Driverless setup and plug and play recording. The microphone comes with 3.5 mm headphone jack for no latency monitoring.
- Majorly positive customer feedback about the design and audio quality.
- According to users, it is not compatible with all the devices.