Top 10 Best Counter Depth Refrigerators 2022 Reviews • VBest
Have you fallen out of love with your existing refrigerator? Maybe its motor is loud enough to cause you sleepless nights, or it has lost its ability to keep fruits and veggies crisp. Whatever the case, you need to find a brand new fridge that will keep your food and perfectly chilled sooner, rather than later. Use our expert review of the 10 best refrigerators of 2022 so you can find an ideal fridge at the right price. But before you get to check out the various refrigerators that we have reviewed, it is best that you know what to pay attention to when making your choice, as explained here under:
Table of Contents
The width of the fridge is an important aspect of consideration as majority of refrigerators fit between counter space. It is crucial, however, for you take measurements of your front door and consider the design of your kitchen in order to choose the right-sized fridge. The right size should leave enough room at the rear, on top and on either side of the fridge to allow the fridge to have adequate space for the motor to let off heat.
When it comes to establishing the right fridge capacity, you should consider the number of people making use of the fridge. A general rule of thumb when making a selection is 1-2 people need a fridge with a capacity of 250-280L, 3-4 people need 345-450L and 5 or more people need 450L or more. For large families, it is advisable to consider a fridge with freezer space.
Fridges come with a variety of designs, i.e. top mount (freezer on top), bottom mount (freezer on bottom), side by side (fridge and freezer side by side), French door (bottom mount freezer with 2 door fridge), and pigeon pair (detach, but identical upright freezer and fridge). Each of these designs has its pros and cons, thus advisable for you to determine what design will be most convenient for your use.
The fridge is probably the only appliance in the house that remains turned on for most number of hours, thus contributes to a high percentage of your energy consumption. Therefore, it is worth confirming the number on the energy label, and the lower the number the less your fridge will cost you on your energy bill.
There are also various features that could be an added advantage if available on your fridge. They include controls (temperature controls, memory that monitors door openings and pre-cools, warning beeps, automatic defrosting, etc), split shelves, door handles, adjustable rollers/feet, crisper drawer, ice and water dispenser, etc.
Those are the key aspects of consideration when selecting a refrigerator. Without further ado, lets take a look at each of the 2022’s best refrigerators that are worth buying:
10. Samsung Appliance RF23J9011SG
Those with spacious kitchens will find this Samsung 4-door French door refrigerator an ideal choice. It not only comes in a beautiful sleek design, but it also gives you lots of space with a 23 cu. ft. capacity. It also features a triple cooling system that is large enough for bulk foods and large platters. Also featured are an installed icemaker and the LED interior lighting that is bright enough, making it easier for you to see your favorite food.
- Very spacious with good storage capacity.
- Comes with additional features that make it fully functional.
- It is energy star qualified, thus helps reduce energy costs.
- The stainless steel finish makes it aesthetically appealing and easy to clean.
- Interior lighting makes it easy for you to view your food with ease.
- Takes up a lot of space, thus cant fit in small spaces or tight corners.
The big storage capacity, extra features and energy efficiency makes the Samsung Appliance RF23J9011SG an excellent choice for huge families and those with enough space.
9. Summit Ingenious FF1935PL
One of the most notable aspects of the Summit Ingenious Series-counter depth top freezer-refrigerator is its advanced design that is complemented by a modern platinum finish. The 27 x 29.2 x 73 inches fridge is fairly spacious with a capacity of 18 cu ft that’s divided between 2 compartments.
- Sleek design and modern platinum finish that matches any modern kitchen décor.
- Both compartments allow for door storage, thus maximizes on storage space.
- Unique door window that enhances accessibility of bugged lunches and beverages.
- Plush interior features spill-proof glass shelves and several crispers.
- It being a freezer-top refrigerator, you have to bend down to access the fridge.
The advanced design of the Summit Ingenious FF1935PL proves that this highly functional fridge is particularly configured to suit the contemporary lifestyle.
8. SAMSUNG RF18HFENBSR
This stainless-steel French door refrigerator is an ideal choice for small to mid-size families. It measures 30.5 x 32.2 x 70.8 inches, and has a capacity of 17.5 cubic feet. It comes with tempered glass shelves, 2 gallon door bins, automatic filtered ice maker and LED lighting.
- It has sufficient storage capacity.
- Comes with additional features, including the ice cube maker.
- The freezer is at the bottom, which makes it easy for you to access the fridge without necessarily bending.
- It has great LED lighting inside, thus enables you to see all the items stored in there.
- Its shelves aren’t adjustable.
- It gets a bit noisy at times.
The SAMSUNG RF18HFENBSR is an excellent choice to those who aren’t looking for a deep fridge. Small to mid-sized families will find it quite useful.
7. Liebherr RB1410
Singles and small-sized families will love this stainless steel counter depth fridge. It has a capacity of 11.9 cubic feet, and it is tall and shallow. This makes retrieval of food and beverages easy. What’s more is that it is energy star rated, which means that it is efficient in conserving energy.
- It’s an all-fridge, meaning there’s lots of space for refrigeration.
- It spots a very elegant stainless-steel finish.
- Its door locks tightly, but opens easily.
- Comes with biofresh drawers that keep fruits and meat fresh for longer.
- It doesn’t come with a freezer, thus a disadvantage to those looking for that particular facility.
The Liebherr RB1410 has got the aesthetic appeal to make any kitchen look modern. Its capacity is also enough for someone who doesn’t have lots of food and beverages to stock.
6. LG LFC21776ST
This is a French door refrigerator measuring 35.8 x 69.8 x 30 inches, and has a capacity of 20.7 cubic feet. This capacity is big enough to suit mid-size to large families. Also featured are 4 split spill protector glass shelves, glide N’ serve drawer, linear compressor and LED interior lighting. It has a nice stainless steel finish which gives it initial good looks.
- Looks extremely stylish to match any kitchen décor.
- Extremely quiet.
- Drawers move easily and conveniently.
- The shelve arrangement is superb.
- Has excellent LED lighting.
- Has plenty of storage capacity.
- Energy efficient
- Lacks side shelves for taller bottles.
The LG LFC21776ST is a great choice for anyone looking for a counter depth refrigerator. With its freezer at the bottom, this fridge’s design is logical and makes it easy for you to access the fridge.
5. Frigidaire DGHF2360PF
Besides being spacious, this stainless-steel French door fridge is energy efficient, making it an ideal option for large families. It measures 31 x 36 x 69.9 inches and has a capacity of 22.6 cubic feet. It comes with an external water/ice dispenser that allows for water/ice filtration. It’s freezer is at the bottom, which makes it easy for you to access the fridge.
- It is spacious and well designed.
- Beautiful multi-level LED lighting enables you to easily see things.
- Door closes but doesn’t shut tight.
- Dual ice ready.
- It has different configurations for drawers and shelves.
- The icemaker and water dispenser are a bit slow.
The Frigidaire DGHF2360PF doesn’t disappoint, as it is quite roomy and functions quite well. It is also energy efficient, which means that you won’t have to worry about your energy bills.
4. SAMSUNG RS27FDBTNSR
This is a built-in side by side refrigerator from Samsung measuring 25.8 x 47.6 x 83.2 inches. It has a capacity of 17 cubic feet, making it ideal for small to mid-sized families. It comes with humidity controlled crispers, an ice and water dispenser, 8-inch LCD touch screen controls and twin cooling system.
- Packed with lots of useful features.
- Convenient for kitchen areas that can’t accommodate large swinging doors.
- It is well lit.
- It is well laid out, with a variety of drawers and good-sized shelves on the door.
- It is visually appealing, thus matches any kitchen décor.
- The touch screen adds a touch of style and convenience.
- Doesn’t come with an installation manual, thus a bit hard for first-timers to install it.
The fact the SAMSUNG RS27FDBTNSR comes with many features makes it an ideal choice for you. Aside from the installation difficulty, this fridge has many strengths as it is highly functional when it is up and running.
3. SAMSUNG RH22H9010SR
This counter depth refrigerator is a side by side fridge. It is energy star rated, meaning that it is quite efficient in saving energy. It features an LED display, adjustable shelf, metal cooling and ice/water dispenser. This fridge is quite spacious, measuring 28.2 x 35.9 x 69.8 inches and with a capacity of 25 cubic feet.
- It has an easy to open door.
- It has three sides from where you can access items from.
- It features an elegant digital temperature screen.
- The fridge and freezer temperatures work quite well.
- The stainless steel finish is quite appealing and easy to wipe.
- It is a bit loud.
- The ice maker could be better.
- The water and ice dispenser is quite slow.
The SAMSUNG RH22H9010SR is an ideal choice for small to mid-sized families. Aside from the ice cube maker that seems a bit slow, this fridge is a great addition to any house.
2. Summit FFBF285SS
This is another very stylish and innovative fried that has been manufactured to the highest quality available on the market today. It measures 24 x 27 x 75 inches and has a capacity of 13.8 cubic feet, making it a good option for singles and small-sized families. It being a counter-depth bottom freezer means that you do not have bend to get things in or out the fridge.
- It is tall and slim thus saves on space.
- Even though it is slim, it has abundant storage space.
- It is energy consumption is low, thus saves on energy costs.
- It is quiet and efficient.
- It has a nice and durable finish.
- Doors close tightly, thus hard for kids to open it.
- It allows for condensation to drip down from the back of the refrigerator.
- Does not have an ice maker.
Singles and small-sized families will find the Summit FFBF285SS to be a great addition to their kitchen. It doesn’t take up much space, yet it has enough storage room to keep food and beverages. What’s more is that it is energy efficient.
1. Samsung RF23J9011SR
There’s a lot to love about this stainless steel French door fridge. First of all, it comes with excellent features, including an external water/ice dispenser, spill-proof glass shelves and triple cooling system. Its freezer is at the bottom, making it easy for you to access the fridge and its contents. It has a capacity of 22.5 cubic feet, which means that it has sufficient storage space for large families.
- It is very spacious.
- The fridge section is shallow and wide, keeping items within easy view and reach.
- It keeps food really cold and fresh without necessarily freezing it.
- It makes it possible for you to set different temperatures for each side of the freezer.
- Availability of 1 top pull out shelf, several shelves on the door, plus 2 good-sized pull out drawers leaves you with plenty of storage space.
- It requires lots of space to fit, thus not suitable for those who lack space.
The pros of the Samsung RF23J9011SR by far outweigh the cons, thus a very valuable unit that is worth every dollar on its price tag. Its multiple features also make it a very functional fridge for a large family.
Identifying the most ideal fridge for you will depend on factors such as the available space, number of people using the fridge, and your budget, among others. You should keep in mind that just like everything else, the most expensive fridge doesn’t have to be the best option available, and vice versa. Therefore, it is advisable that you take your time to compare different brands and models to find the X-factor in each one of them. That way, you will know what you are paying for and ultimately get value for your money.