Top 10 Best Click Torque Wrenches in 2021 Reviews
There are crucial parts of a vehicle that require the need of a special kind of wrench to tighten. Wrenches are used to tighten bolts and nuts. However, some nuts and bolts will require a precise torque to prevent damages or endangering the life of the driver. Nothing beats the precision of a torque wrench. This is because they produce a special click sound to indicate when the desired tightness has been achieved, making them very accurate compared to other wrenches. It is for this reason that they are called click torque wrenches. Getting the right one can be a nightmare, especially if you have never used one before. Below are the top 10 best click torque wrenches reviews to help you take home the most eligible tool.
Table of Contents
- 1. TEKTON 1/2 Inch Click Torque Wrench (24340)
- 2. EPAuto 1/2 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
- 3. Pittsburgh Pro 239 Drive Click Stop Torque Wrench
- 4. TEKTON 3/8 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench (24330)
- 5. Pittsburgh Pro Set of 3 Click Type Torque Wrench
- 6. TEKTON 1/4 Inch Click Torque Wrench (24320)
- 7. CDI 1/2 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench (1501MRMH)
- 8. CDI 1/2 Inch Industrial Brand Torque Wrench (2503MFRPH)
- 9. Tooluxe 3/8 “& 1/2” Dual Beam Torque Wrench
- 10. Neiko 1/4″ Drive Adjustable Click Torque Wrench (03714A)
1. TEKTON 1/2 Inch Click Torque Wrench (24340)
Tighten fasteners confidently with the TEKTON 1/2 Inch Click Torque Wrench (24340) today. Featuring an easy to read scale, this tool offers a clear display of calibrations to give you a simple read even in low light situations. The one fold unit produces a click once you have reached the pre-set torque value, making it an ideal gadget to have in your garage tools. This device is made of 100 % steel, to provide you with a resilient tool you can rely on for several years. Furthermore, it has an accuracy of -/+ 4% ensuring you get accurate readings every time of use.
- It is long enough to enable you to hit higher torque specifications
- Good for breaking knuckles and shearing bolts
- The scale is easy to read in pounds, foot or Newton
- It feels good in the hands
- Sturdily built and durable
- The locking mechanism does not keep the rotating dial still unless you include pliers
2. EPAuto 1/2 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
There is nothing more reassuring than a good click torque wrench in your tool box. The EPAuto 1/2 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench is that kind of tool. It produces a click sound that tells when you are supposed to stop tightening further. Made out of the hardened and treated steel alloy, this tool is durable to stand the test of time. The dual-range and high-contrast scale isn’t just easy to read, it provides accurate readings as well. Additionally, it boasts a satin finish to ensure this device cannot corrode even if it is exposed to moisture. Also, it comes with a firmly-built plastic case for easy storage of the tool.
- The tool is accurate with defined clicks
- Great value; competitively priced
- Comes with a storage case for easy and safekeeping
- It is high quality
- Works great with bigger torque values but a bit inaccurate at small torque values
3. Pittsburgh Pro 239 Drive Click Stop Torque Wrench
Being one of the most affordable wrenches on the market, the Pittsburgh Pro 239 Drive Click Stop Torque Wrench is definitely worth putting into considerations. Aside from the rating of 20ft to 150ft, this unit is also reversible so you can get readings to and fro. It uses a heavy-duty cam and pawl mechanism to give you precise and accurate readings every time. What’s more, the gadget works by producing a click sound each time you attain the desired torque setting. Moreover, measuring 18 inches in length, this unit is ideal for someone looking for comfort and compactness in a torque wrench.
- The price is highly affordable
- It is very accurate
- It has a nice solid weight so it is easy to use
- Comes in polycarbonate case for proper storage
- It looks cheaply built; nonetheless, it gets the job done
4. TEKTON 3/8 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench (24330)
TEKTON is a renowned company for producing high-quality and durable automotive gadgets. They did it again with the TEKTON 3/8 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench (24330). Featuring an all-steel construction, this unit is resistant to tear and wear, thus one of the most long-lasting wrenches on the market today. The ratchet head is reversible to provide you with readings in both directions. Ideally, the dual-range and high-contrast scale is simple and easy to read, even when the lights are low. Remember, it produces torque from 10 to 80ft and a click sound as an indication that you’ve attained the preset torque setting.
- Has a solid craftsmanship and works great
- Affordable and quality product
- It is simple and easy to use
- It is just as heavy-duty as the larger version
- It requires a lot of hand strength to attain the higher torque setting
5. Pittsburgh Pro Set of 3 Click Type Torque Wrench
Pittsburgh Pro Set of 3 Click Type Torque Wrench is one of the most expensive wrenches on the market so far. It comes as a set of 3 of the most popular sizes; therefore it is definitely worth every penny. The 3-in-one unit features 1/2″, 1/4″and 3/8″ wrenches, whereby the 1/4″ delivers torque from 50 to 300ft, 3/8″ from 10 to 10ft and 1/2 “20 to 200ft. When in need of a precise torque, this is definitely your go-to product since it utilizes a heavy-duty cam & pawl technique. Besides, it provides a reversible reading in both directions as well as a clockwise reading.
- It is more economical than buying the sizes individually
- They provide impressive accuracy
- It makes a great set for any torque needs
- They are nicely built and have a sturdy case to store each one in
- The numbers are somehow hard to read since there is no contrast chrome
6. TEKTON 1/4 Inch Click Torque Wrench (24320)
TEKTON offers something for everyone. And here is TEKTON 1/4 inch Click Torque Wrench (24320) another popular size of the torque wrenches. Just like the rest from TEKTON, this model is also sturdily built of durable steel with no plastic that will either break or wear out. Similarly, it emits an audible click sound to indicate that you have hit the initially set torque. This device is entirely easy to use because the dual range scale is high contrast, therefore easy to read. Furthermore, the ratchet head provides reading in both ways and in a clockwise direction. Not to mention, that it is a simple and reliable machine to have in your toolbox.
- The wrench has a nice finish and is well-built
- Has a nice range of settings
- Fairly easy to read the dials
- It feels good in the hand
- It is generally easy to use
- It is only eligible to perform jobs on smaller fasteners
7. CDI 1/2 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench (1501MRMH)
With a torque range between 20 to 150 inches, the CDI 1/2 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench (1501MRMH) is an efficient tool for cars, tractors, trucks and other large automotive. This is because the wrench is one of the highest-quality and will offer you with a rugged and industrial strength you need to perform rigorous tasks. The dual scale is not only calibrated in two directions but it is also easy to read, thanks to the laser making. If you are looking for an accurate, fast yet easy to use click torque wrench, then this is your go-to product. Needless to say, this model is equipped with a positive lock alongside a spring loaded pull down lock ring that you will find very handy.
- Beautiful torque wrench at a great price
- It is well-made and high-quality
- It is extremely accurate and durable
- It comes with a protective case and a certificate of calibration
- It is super easy to use
- It is very pricey but worth every single penny
8. CDI 1/2 Inch Industrial Brand Torque Wrench (2503MFRPH)
A good tool is one that has an ergonomic comfortable grip and feels really good in your hands. The CDI 1/2 Inch Industrial Brand Torque Wrench (2503MFRPH) is no doubt this type of tool. Not only is it easy to use, but this gadget is also fast, accurate and easy to read as well. The scale is laser marked to ensure all the calibrations are visible even in the event of low lights. As a matter of fact, this unit features an adjustable dual scale that can be read in two opposite directions. Also, it features an impressive torque range from 30 to 250- inch pounds.
- Very accurate and good quality
- It is easy to set and great on higher torque settings
- Excellent tool with exceptional precision for the price
- The fit and finish on this item is very nice
- Gives you a nice and audible feedback (click)
- The handle is made of plastic; however, it is comfortable in the hands
9. Tooluxe 3/8 “& 1/2” Dual Beam Torque Wrench
The right torque wrench is one that is corrosion-free and long-lasting. There’s nowhere you’d get this kind of performance other than when you use the Tooluxe 3/8 “& 1/2” Dual Beam Torque Wrench. Made of top-grade steel and a durable corrosion-free chrome finish, this model is what you need for a tool that can withstand the tough working conditions. It is undoubtedly one of the best torque wrenches you can buy. This is not just because it will give the versatility of a 3/8 “& 1/2”, it has graduated tips to prevent parallax errors as well. Besides, the scale is calibrated in forward and reverse directions for quick and easy readability.
- Does the job perfectly
- Works really great and quick for short-term jobs
- The build quality is unquestionable
- It is a well-made device at a reasonable price
- It is a simple and reliable alternative to clicking torque wrenches
- Ideal for light duties but not very heavy duty tasks
10. Neiko 1/4″ Drive Adjustable Click Torque Wrench (03714A)
Featuring an all-steel construction, the Neiko 1/4″ Drive Adjustable Click Torque Wrench (03714A) is a resilient tool that can perform even heavy-duty tasks. Using this device is very easy as all you need to do is to rotate the locking knob clockwise to your desired torque setting. Besides, the tool has an array of torque settings to tighten and loosen bolts. It is machine factory tested to +/- 4% accuracy to help avoid over-tightening and breaking of bolts. Also, the forward and reverse lock settings will allow you to get measurement readings in both directions. In addition, it will produce the click sound once the desired setting has been attained.
- Works exactly as it should
- It is accurate, solid and well-made
- The ratchet action is superb like a much more expensive torque wrench
- It is easy to set up and read
- Comes with a nice case for storage
- The torque range is somehow small
At the end of the day, the click torque wrench you pick will depend on your taste and preference. But we urge you to combine what you already know with the carefully and thoroughly researched reviews to make an informed choice and get the right tool that won’t disappoint. This compilation includes all you need to know about the best click torque wrenches, so make sure you read.