Top 10 Best Baby Sunscreens in 2021 Reviews
It’s healthy for babies to have a dose of sunlight every day. The best and safest time for babies to get their dose of Vitamin D is early in the morning and late in the afternoon to minimize or prevent any damage to our child’s super sensitive skin. But when they are outdoors on less safe times of the day, they require sufficient sun protection. Sunscreen application isn’t advised for babies below six months, and young ones who are old enough to wear sunscreen still have very delicate skin and will need the best and gentlest sun protection that’s formulated just for them. So when it comes to looking for the best baby sunscreens, it involves in many things to consider.
It’s easy for you to get caught in various marketing traps, and risky for your babies, too. The best way to shop smarter is to do some product research and comparison. When shopping for baby sunscreen, here are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Sun Protection Factor: SPF determines the efficacy of the sunscreen product in protecting your baby’s skin against sun damage. The higher the number, the better, although SPF higher than 50 is said to be false marketing.
- Gentle Formulation: Babies need mild protection that effectively shields their skin from the dangers of sun exposure without causing allergies, breakouts, and rashes, as well as irritated eyes.
- Water- and Sweat-Resistance: When our child is in the outdoors or in the pool, we can’t keep them from sweating or getting wet. So choose a sunscreen that stays on longer.
- Duration of Protection: It’s difficult to call the kids in for some snacks, let alone sunscreen reapplication. Might as well go for a product that doesn’t wash or wear off easily.
Table of Contents
- List of Best Baby Sunscreens in 2021
- 10. Adorable Baby SPF 30+ Sunscreen Non-Nano Zinc Oxide UVA/UVB 4. 3 oz
- 9. California Baby SPF 30 + Sunscreen Lotion
- 8. Neutrogena Pure and Free Baby Sunscreen, SPF 60, 5 Ounce
- 7. Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen Spray, SPF 50, 6oz Spray Bottle (Pack…
- 6. Aveeno Baby Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 55, 4 Ounce
- 5. Badger Baby Sunscreen Cream – SPF 30
- 4. CeraVe Baby SPF 45 Sunscreen
- 3. Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen Lotion
- 2. Blue Lizard Australian SUNSCREEN SPF
- 1. Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+ – Best of Baby Sunscreens in 2021
List of Best Baby Sunscreens in 2021
10. Adorable Baby SPF 30+ Sunscreen Non-Nano Zinc Oxide UVA/UVB 4. 3 oz
This product offers SPF 30 for up to 40 minutes, enough time for baby to take in all the Vitamin D he or she needs. Also, the product is free from harmful chemicals such as paraben, non-organic ingredients, phthalate, dye, fragrance, sulfate, gluten, and petrochemical, so it doesn’t irritate your baby’s delicate skin. Trusted by folks at EWG, this premium handmade sunscreen is truly a great product for baby.
9. California Baby SPF 30 + Sunscreen Lotion
California Baby’s fragrance-free, paraben-free, and non-whitening sunscreen is made of organic and sustainable ingredients proven to protect your baby’s skin as gently and as lovingly as it should for up to 80 minutes. It’s also allergen-free because it doesn’t contain soy, oat or dairy. This vegan sunscreen is so mild you can apply it to the face without irritating the eyes.
8. Neutrogena Pure and Free Baby Sunscreen, SPF 60, 5 Ounce
Neutrogena’s baby sunscreen has zero oil, paraben, and fragrance. It’s hypoallergenic and mild enough to apply onto your young child’s tender skin, keeping it protected from sun damage for 80 minutes. It’s sweat and water-resistant, so no need for reapplication when your kids are playing in the water or doing physical activities.
7. Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen Spray, SPF 50, 6oz Spray Bottle (Pack…
The nice thing about Babyganics sunscreen is its easy application. You can easily apply it onto your baby’s exposed skin through its convenient spray nozzle, and your child gets and remains protected from UVA and UVB even when playing in the water for 80 minutes. This product offers SPF 50 and doesn’t contain any harmful additives like phthalate, paraben, fragrance, or nanoparticles that may cause rash and allergy.
6. Aveeno Baby Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 55, 4 Ounce
With an SPF 55 and the special formula that’s as gentle as water, Aveeno baby sunscreen is truly one of the formidable sun protection products you can buy. If your child isn’t allergic to oatmeal and gluten, he or she will enjoy the lightweight feeling and soothing effects of this sunscreen. Your child stays protected from the sun for up to 80 minutes with Aveeno baby sunscreen.
5. Badger Baby Sunscreen Cream – SPF 30
Made with super mild and effective zinc oxide, this baby sunscreen by Badger offers SPF 30 for 40 minutes guaranteed despite all the sweat and water. This product is certified 100% natural and 94% organic, so you know it is as gentle to your child as it is to nature. The addition of sunflower oil, beeswax, and Vitamin E keeps your baby’s skin moisturized, hydrated, and soothed.
4. CeraVe Baby SPF 45 Sunscreen
CeraVe baby sunscreen contains natural ingredients that are guaranteed gentle on your baby’s skin and effective against sun damage with water-resistance for up to 80 minutes. Aloe Vera extract keeps your young child’s skin soothed and moisturized, helps repair damaged skin tissues, and gives it a protective barrier against the elements. It’s ideal for facial application, too.
3. Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen Lotion
The lotion version of our #7, this one boasts of the same formula as the spray bottle variant. It’s the same hypoallergenic, mild and effective sunscreen product specially formulated for babies and those with super sensitive skin. The baby remains protected with SPF 50 against UVA and UVB rays for a good 80 minutes even when swimming or playing in the water.
2. Blue Lizard Australian SUNSCREEN SPF
The main active ingredients of this sunscreen product are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide known to be gentle and effective on the skin. Made of large parts of beeswax, this sunscreen offers your child soothing and moisturizing protection against sun damage with SPF 30. The bottle changes color from white to pink to alert you of the presence of UV light in the area. This product has been recommended by dermatologists for many years and highly rated at EWG, so it’s definitely a great choice.
1. Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+ – Best of Baby Sunscreens in 2021
If the SPF 30 of Blue Lizard isn’t enough for you or your baby, grab yourself a ThinkBaby Safe Sunscreen with SPF 50. EWG has consecutively recognized ThinkBaby as top-rated sunscreen product since 2010, so you know why it’s number one on our list. Your child remains protected with the ThinkBaby water-resistant formula that stays on for 80 minutes. It has 20% zinc oxide, making it a truly powerful yet gentle sunscreen that’s perfect for your baby’s delicate skin.
Young kids are the hardest to keep indoors when the weather permits. Once you let them out, there’s no stopping them from playing as long as their bodies and enthusiasm allows. To keep them protected from the dangers of sun exposure, let them wear protective clothing, keep them hydrated, and recommend they stay under the shade. In addition, it pays to have them wear the best sunscreen product you can buy. We hope this list provides you with helpful insights as to which sunscreen brand to use on your baby.