Activity walkers provide hours of developmental fun and body strengthening and support for babies learning how to walk. Many walkers feature interactive toy components that can be removed so that snacks can be placed on the trays. If you’re looking for an activity walker, read on to learn more about what to look for in a walker and which ones are some of the best on the market.
What to Look for in a Baby Activity Walker
Walkers tend to be made of a lot of plastic components, so they should be marked as BPA-free and not have jagged edges or easily-breakable parts that children can swallow or get hurt on. Also, the bigger the variety of interactive toys featured on a walker, the more engaging the walker will likely be for many babies.
Additionally, walkers should work well on all surfaces and have non-skid pads that help with braking. As far as safety goes, the wider the base, the less likely a baby will be to crunch their fingers between the side of the tray and a wall. Also, some walkers feature seat belts that help keep your baby safely strapped in.
10. Fisher-Price Activity Walker
This walker is an ideal walker for babies learning how to take their first steps. It is foldable and features multiple colorful activities that can keep your little one engaged.
The center features a spinning ball. Additional activities include sliding beads, flipping doors, panels, and gears. The handle features grooves that make it easy for toddlers to grasp while they stand and push.
- Engaging activities
- Easy to grab and push
- Reasonably priced
- Some parts might break off
- Might bore some toddlers
9. Kolcraft 4×4 2-in-1 Activity Walker
The Kolcraft 4×4 2-in-1 Activity Walker adapts to suit your baby’s needs as they grow and learn how to walk. This walker transitions from a seated activity for those who are not yet steady on their feet into a push-from-behind walker geared toward toddlers who are a bit more stable while walking. The walker has numerous activities that are fun for many babies.
Activities on the Kolcraft walker include buttons that play music, an electronic steering wheel that lights up, and a horn. The seat is a high-back leatherette seat that can be adjusted for height as your baby grows and is machine-washable.
- Height-adjustable and removable leatherette seat that’s machine-washable
- Friction pads on the base to prevent skidding
- Works on low-pile carpet
- Rear wheels don’t move right and left
- Wheels do not lock to make the walker stationary
- Might not fit larger babies
8. Delta Children Lil’ Drive Baby Activity Walker
The Delta Children Lil’ Drive Baby Activity Walker is geared toward infants who can sit up on their own. It is multi-functional for playing, learning, and eating purposes. A removable tray simulates the driving experience and features realistic but fun-to-play-with car details.
This walker weighs 10.6 pounds and can be folded flat. Two AA batteries are required to power the electronics. The height-adjustable seat can be positioned to three different heights. The wheels come equipped with rubber brakes.
- Works on carpet
- Rubber brakes are easy to remove
- Wheels spin 360 degrees
- Wheels might scratch hardwood floors
- Might be too small for some babies over 6 months old
7. Kolcraft Tiny Steps 2-in-1 Activity Walker
Kolcraft’s Tiny Steps walker grows with your infant into toddler-hood. Once your baby is ready to take their first steps, the walker can be easily converted from a seated walker into a pushable one. The seat pad can be removed and is machine-washable.
There are three colorful developmental activities that are engaging for infants and toddlers. The walker has non-skid friction pads and is ideal for children under 32″ tall and weighing 15-26 pounds.
- Works well on hardwood floors
- Durable material
- Easy to fold and store
- Doesn’t work well on carpet
- Smaller babies might fall through it B00JYDF644
6. Safety 1st Ready-Set-Walk Walker (Nantucket)
The Safety 1st walker is an adorable and study 2-in-1 walker that features three fun developmental activities on a removable tray. Your child can listen to 12 engaging songs and be entertained by colorful lights.
There are three adjustable height settings, and this walker can be folded and stored with ease. The walker’s extra-wide base helps keep the walker upright and steadies your child’s balance.
- The tray is easy to clean after snack time
- Can fit babies up to 30 pounds
- More expensive than the competition
- Not enough activities on entertainment panel
5. Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce and Learn (Sweet Tea Party)
The Evenflo Bounce and Learn is a cute and colorful exersaucer that is a safe alternative to walkers. The Sweet Tea Party exersaucer is girl-themed (but boys might enjoy it, too) and features a number of exciting developmental toys that can help your child learn.
Your baby can spin, rock, and bounce, which allows them to strengthen their neck, leg, and back muscles. The seat rotates 360 degrees, and the toys can be removed for cleaning.
- Diverse and engaging toys that are easy to remove and clean
- Machine-washable seat pad
- Secure so that a baby won’t fall
- Cannot be pushed like a walker
- Doesn’t play music
- Seems a little wobbly
4. Joovy Spoon Walker (Blueberry)
The Joovy Spoon is both a high-chair and walker. Its large tray has a removable insert that is easy to wash and has ample space for toys during playtime. If your toddler accidentally bumps into a wall, the wide base assures that their fingers won’t get pinched.
The seat has three height-adjustable settings, and the seat pad is machine-washable and well-padded. There are non-slip stair pads and huge wheels that ensure safety and stability.
- Easy to clean
- Comes mostly pre-assembled
- Folds flat and is lightweight
- Only the front wheels swivel
- Too short for some babies
3. Bright Starts Walk-A-Bout Walker (Roaming Safari)
The Bright Starts Walk-A-Bout Walker is built for growing infants who need extra stability. The walker has a space-saving design and removable tray equipped with fun developmental toys.
The seat has three easy-to-adjust settings, and sounds can be triggered when your baby turns the steering wheel. There is a volume control feature available.
- Comfortable seat
- Has rubber brakes
- Easy to clean
- Doesn’t work well on longer carpet
- Doesn’t have a seat belt
2. Safety 1st Sounds ‘n Lights Discovery Walker (Dino)
If your baby likes dinosaurs, this walker has five exciting dinosaur toys on two swing-open trays that produce sounds and lights.
There are grip strips that stabilize movement on uneven floors, and the comfortable seat has three height-adjustable settings. The seat cover is machine-washable.
- Works well on carpet
- Built for tall babies
- Not ideal for shorter babies
- Doesn’t fold totally flat
1. VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
If your toddler is learning how to stand from a seated position, this interactive walker provides stabilization. Components are easy to remove, and the toys can be fun on-the-floor developmental activities.
This engaging walker has five piano keys that play music, a telephone handset, three shape-sorters, two spinners, and three buttons that light up.
- Plays over 70 songs
- Works well on all floors
- Tire grips need improvement
- Phone is small and can get easily lost
If you’re thinking about buying a walker for your baby, consider the above ten activity walkers. Your baby might respond well to certain types of toys or have different physical needs, so be sure to choose the walker that is most adapted to your child’s needs and tastes.
More From My Site