10 Best Baby Wipes
Baby wipes are an essential part of every single diaper change. Because baby typically goes through about 320 diapers a month, and wipes have proven to be useful on other baby messes, it can seem like a good idea to wipe out your local store’s diaper inventory. Hold that thought though! There are many things to consider before purchasing any baby wipes. Is the price fair for the number of wipes? How will this package of wipes treat my baby’s skin? Remember, these wipes will clean the most sensitive part of your baby, so you will want to make sure you’re using the best baby wipes possible.
Recent studies have shown that baby wipes that leave their cleansing product on baby’s skin are a part of rising allergy levels in kids. With so many chemicals, fragrances and preservative, wipes actually can be hard on a baby’s skin. So, how do you find the best baby wipes? How do you find the best baby wipes to protect and soothe your precious one’s skin?
Baby wipes come in dozens of brands and styles. You’ll find different scents, no scent at all, extra thick, all-natural, refill packs, flip top packs and more. You can even make your own. Any wipes will do the job eventually, but some are better, faster and take fewer wipes to do it.
We know that preparing for a baby can be overwhelming. There are many choices to make and options to consider, and most of these decisions have to be made before a baby is even born. So we have done the research and compiled a list of the Top 10 Best Baby Wipes to take the guesswork out of this decision for you.
Table of Contents
- Baby Wipes FAQ
- How We Reviewed the Best Baby Wipes
- Overall Price Range of the Best Baby Wipes
- What We Reviewed
- Comparison Table
- WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes
- The Honest Company Designer Baby Wipes
- Seventh Generation Baby Wipes
- Babyganics Face, Hand & Baby Wipes
- Joonya Baby Wipes
- Bloom BABY Hypoallergenic Baby Wipes
- HUGGIES One & Done Scented Baby Wipes
- Pampers Sensitive Water-Based Baby Diaper Wipes
- Baby Dove Wipes
- Bum Boosa Bamboo Baby Wipes
- The Verdict
Baby Wipes FAQ
Below are a few questions often asked about baby wipes and the answers to these questions.
1. What Are Baby Wipes?
Baby wipes are a pre-moistened disposable cloth, usually made of silk, cotton, polyester and/or wool. They also can be made at home using a mild baby body wash, watered down and sprayed on a baby’s bottom and then wiped with a soft cloth.
2. How Do Baby Wipes Work?
Baby wipes work by already being moist. They also have a cleansing agent on them to not only make it easier to remove baby’s, but also to clean baby’s skin to keep it fresh and smelling good. You open the wipe fully and use it to wipe away messes, repeating as necessary.
3. Where Can You Buy Baby Wipes?
Baby wipes are available at countless retail stores, grocery stores and even gas stations. They can also be delivered to your doorstep with the convenient, online click at Amazon.com.
How We Reviewed the Best Baby Wipes
To bring our readers a truly impartial and comprehensive list of the best baby wipes we devoted significant time and effort to researching current brands and types of wipes. These baby wipes were chosen based on features, pros, and cons, as well as scent options, flushable or not, and if they are biodegradable.
Overall Price Range of the Best Baby Wipes
While baby wipes typically range from about $2 to $8, prices fluctuate. Typically higher-priced baby wipes are made of better material, more natural ingredients and offer better quality overall. However, even less expensive baby wipes may have few ingredients and the option for no scent. The price of baby wipes is not always a sign of their value. The best baby wipes are not always the ones that cost the most.
What We Reviewed
WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes
WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes, Unscented, 540Count (9 Pack of…
- SAFE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: WaterWipes sensitive baby wipes are gentle enough to use on premature babies skin; Suitable…
- BABY WIPES REFILL & TRAVEL PACK: 9 packs of 60 unscented wipes make it easy to bring your WaterWipes with you when you…
- SUITABLE FROM BIRTH: WaterWipes are the world’s purest newborn baby wipes; Great for the sensitive skin of a baby,…
Water wipes are known as the purest wipes on Earth. Made from 99.9 percent purified, softened water and 0.01 percent grapeseed extract, these wipes are perfect for newborns to older children. Since they have no preservatives, they must be used within a month of purchase. Fragrance-free and alcohol-free, these wipes are still soft and absorbent. These wipes are safe to use anywhere on baby (or mama).
Not currently, but plans are for them to be biodegradable by 2025.
The Honest Company Designer Baby Wipes
The Honest Company Honest Company Baby Wipes, Fragrance Free, Classic,…
- Honest Wipes provide the convenience of a disposable cloth baby wipe in a biodegradable* & plant-based alternative.
- The wipe that can do it all – from wet bottoms & messy fingers, to sticky counters & gunked-up toys
- Made without fragrances or chlorine processing – honestly clean
The Honest Company wipes boast no alcohol, chlorine processing, phthalates, parabens or any other potentially harmful chemical. Honest Wipes are one of the most versatile when it comes functionality, too — they’re large, durable and moist enough to clean even the biggest messes.
Yes, The Honest Company wipes are completely biodegradable.
Seventh Generation Baby Wipes
Seventh Generation Thick & Strong Free and Clear Baby Wipes Refill,…
- Made for your baby’s sensitive skin
- As gentle as water
- Thick and soft wipe for a gentle clean that is safe for baby, hands, and face
Great for sensitive skin, these wipes are thick, soft wipes that offer a safe and gentle cleaning for baby’s bottom, hands, and face. They’ve been dermatologist tested and are hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and don’t contain any alcohol or parabens.
No, these are not biodegradable.
Babyganics Face, Hand & Baby Wipes
Babyganics Face, Hand & Baby Wipes, Fragrance Free, 300 ct,…
- For use from top to bottoms!
- Formulated without: parabens, sulfates, phthalates, artificial dyes or fragrances
- Formulated with plant-derived ingredients
These wipes are not only soft and gentle, but also nourish and hydrate baby’s skin. Created with an exclusive seed oil blend containing a mix of tomato, sunflower, cranberry, black cumin and red raspberry, the wipes help support healthy skin development and deliver antioxidant protection. Pediatrician- and dermatologist-tested.
Information not available.
Joonya Baby Wipes
Joonya, Baby Wipes, 3 Pack of 80 ct
- Non-toxic, stylish and biodegradable wipes – each measuring 7.1″ x 7.9″
- Safe for your baby, Mother Earth and your back pocket.
- Super safe ingredients according to Environmental Working Group
This is an Australian startup brand that is relatively new. Joonya launched on the premise it’s possible to create a natural, eco-friendly and affordable wipe. These skin safe, nontoxic wipes come in stylish packages and are infused with tons of nourishing oils and all-natural ingredients. They’re also biodegradable, which is a huge environmental win. They even offer a commitment-free membership option so you never have to run out.
Bloom BABY Hypoallergenic Baby Wipes
Baby Wipes by bloom BABY | Unscented | For Sensitive Skin | Formulated…
- AS UNIQUE AS YOUR BABY’S SKIN: Our wipes are formulated with plant-based EcoFiber in 100% hydro-pure water. They are…
- FRAGRANCE-FREE: Many of the baby wipes on the market today can contain even mild fragrance chemicals that harm your…
- TEXTURED & THICK: Are you sick of having to use multiple wipes to fully clean the diaper area, especially because they…
Made from 100 percent pure water and a plant-based formula perfect for sensitive skin, these jumbo wipes are safe, effective and soothing. They’re even gentle on eczema. These wipe’s uniquely textured surface and extra large size means you’ll only need one to clean up even the biggest of blowouts. They are USDA certified bio-based, hypoallergenic and are free of most common allergens.
Yes, they are biodegradable.
HUGGIES One & Done Scented Baby Wipes
HUGGIES Simply Clean Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes, Pack of 9 Soft Packs,…
- Our unscented, alcohol free baby wipes are soft and gentle, perfect for babies, toddlers and kids with sensitive skin….
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested, HUGGIES Simply Clean Baby Wipes come in easy to carry soft packs that are…
- Perfect for sensitive skin, our Simply Clean Baby Wipes keep you and your baby happy with the simple, gentle cleaning…
This cucumber and green-tea scented options from Huggies are known for their thickness and durability. Plus, their newly tweaked container helps you avoid accidentally yanking out more one at a time. They are unscented, alcohol-free and hypoallergenic. Dermatologist-tested, they are proven to be safe for sensitive skin. They also come with fun characters on them.
Information not available.
Pampers Sensitive Water-Based Baby Diaper Wipes
Baby Wipes, Pampers Sensitive Water Baby Diaper Wipes, Hypoallergenic…
- No.1 Choice of U.S. Hospitals* (*based on hospital sales data)
- pH balancing formula helps protect sensitive skin
- Free of alcohol, perfume, parabens, phenoxyethanol, and dyes
Pampers wipes are dermatologist-tested, perfume-free, hypoallergenic and help restore the skin’s natural pH. Twenty percent thicker than regular Pampers wipes, they’re also heavy lifters. Clinically proven to be mild, they are also hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested. They are the number one brand selected by hospitals. Their unique Softgrip Texture offers gentle cleaning for your baby’s sensitive skin.
Information was not available.
Baby Dove Wipes
Baby Dove Wipes, Rich Moisture, 30 ct
- Hypoallergenic, alcohol free. Provides instant moisturization, leaving your baby’s skin soft.
- Our most caring and safety-tested formula is dermatologist and pediatrician tested
- Mild, non-irritating formula, our wipes are as gentle as water
Baby Dove Wipes are hypoallergenic baby wipes made for the hands and face, but they pull double-duty since they can be used for newborns. Alcohol-free, fragrance-free and highly moisturizing, these wipes earned a 2017 National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance. Ideal for on-the-go use, these baby wipes come in a handy re-sealable pack that slips easily into a diaper bag. The package dispenses individual wipes with an easy pull, and it seals shut to keep the baby wipes moist and fresh.
Information was not available.
Bum Boosa Bamboo Baby Wipes
Bum Boosa Bamboo Baby Wipes – Natural Scent, Eco- Friendly (6 Packs/80…
- BumBoosa Baby Wipes are made with 100% viscose from bamboo and contain nourishing plant-based ingredients.
- Organic Aloe Vera, Calendula extract, Chamomile extract, and pure grade essential oils come together to lend their…
- No alcohol, paraben, phthalate and sulfate.
These grass-based wipes are an eco-friendly way to care for baby’s super sensitive skin. They contain nourishing ingredients such as calendula, chamomile and aloe vera, as well as lavender and sweet orange essential oils that give the wipes a great natural fragrance. Since they’re made of bamboo, they’re stretchier than other wipes, making it easier to get more mileage out of each wipe.
Information was not available.
There are many factors to consider when choosing the best baby wipes for your little one. Price, quality and quantity are just a few. You should also check out ingredients and how readily available they are for you to purchase when needed. Based upon all of our research we believe that choosing The Honest Company will bring you the best baby wipes for your little one.
Not only are The Honest Company’s wipes all-natural, free of harmful chemicals and fairly priced, but they offer a monthly auto subscription program that includes their diapers so that you’re never caught without an ample supply. Each month you can have both your diapers and wipes delivered on a schedule that fits your needs. Should you find yourself overstocked, The Honest Company allows you to skip deliveries and restart when you’re ready.
Wipes from the Honest Company are durable, large and don’t contain any fragrances. One baby wipe goes a long way in cleaning the most sensitive areas of your baby’s body. The Honest Company is well worth the price you pay and are available online and in retail stores.