If you are an athlete or even an ordinary person suffering from muscle pain, cramps and spasms, then you will find this article interesting and informative. We will be having a look at the best roller massage stick for muscle relief which we are sure will help our readers to get the much-needed relief from various types of muscle pain. We are listing down ten such products which certainly will help customers to have a good idea about the various attributes to look at when buying these massage sticks. It will also help them to understand why roller massage sticks could be a better option than other alternatives.
10. ULTIMATE Massage Bundle of 5 – Two – 13″ Massage Foam Roller – Review
ULTIMATE Massage Bundle of 5 – Two – 13″ – is the best massage stick with balls
Design: This product is ergonomically and stylishly designed to offer a combination of good looks and quality performance for treating various forms of muscle discomfort. It is black in color and is compact in design and style features.
Performance: It performs extremely well for all those who look to loosen their muscles. It uses the unique the quality Chimera Foam to help make stiff muscles get back to their original shape and flexibility. It therefore, can help in improving mobility and reduce soreness.
Features: The product comes in a special bundle that is loaded with a reasonably cheap roller massage stick that is suitable for myofascial pain relief. Along with the black roller there also is a green ball which is suitable for intense and focal-point massaging. There also is a grey ball which is suited for massage for providing relief from plantar fasciitis.
Specs: it comes with 1 hollow foam roller 13 inches x 5.5 inches. It also has removable foam roller, one stick for myofascial massage and bonus massage balls for intense massaging. It also has some exercise instruction sent by email.
9. Muscle Roller Massage Stick 18″ – Review
Muscle Roller Massage Stick 18″ – is the best Deep Tissue Massage Stick for Natural Recovery
Design: This is an 18-inch professional grade muscle roller which comes with a strong stainless steel inner core. Additionally, it also has 7 ABS plastic rollers which can withstand any amount of pressure. It is ergonomic in design and comes with soft rubber grips which fit perfectly in the hands.
Performance: This is certainly a highly versatile and good pre-workout stretch. It could help to tone your muscles, promote blood circulation, and increase flexibility. It has been found to be useful for helping in overcoming pain and discomfort associated with shin splints, and reduces the problems associated with pulled muscle.
Features: it is made from durable stainless steel core and comes with handgrips which are soft and easy to grip.
Specs: It has the best of specifications and has been made to meet the international standards as far as material quality, size, and other such factors are concerned.
8. Lure Original Mega Fascia Massage Stick – Review
Lure Original Mega Fascia Massage Stick Body Shaper and Cellulite Blaster – is the Best Trigger Point Myofascial Release Balls
Design: According to many reviews and customers there are reasons to believe that this could be one of the best products in the market when it comes to treating various forms of muscles soreness, stiffs and other such problems. The design features help in fighting cellulite and also in giving a new shape to the body.
Performance: There are reasons to believe that this could arguably be the best roller massage stick for muscle relief. It is known to reduce knots and muscle soreness
Features: It comes with a ground breaking design which combines the best of ergonomics with durability, light weight and portability. It is a practical solution for home-based management of various muscle problems including fascia massaging.
Specs: It comes with an overall product dimension of 17 inches x 1 inches x 1 inches.
7. Elite Massage Muscle Roller Stick for Runners – Review
Elite Massage Muscle Roller Stick for Runners – is the best Self Massage For Fast Muscle Relief
Design: It has the best of unique and sleek design which makes is perfect for treating various leg related muscle injuries. Therefore sports persons in particular like its design because it helps in treating cramps, sore and tight leg muscles.
Performance: It is known for its ability to go in for offering the best of connective tissue performance. It can fight carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, arthritis and other such problems.
Features: It is light, portable and durable and made from the best of materials. The health fascia helps a lot healing and injury recovery process when compared to other such product in the market.
Specs: The product comes with two different devices. One is for taking care of muscle soreness and stiffness and the other for improving mobility and flexibility especially after a long workout.
6. Muscle Roller Stick Pro
Muscle Roller Stick Pro – is the Best Sports Massage Tool for Sore Muscles
Design: It has a unique design which is suited for taking care of compressed nerves, joints which are aching and knots. It is designed to easily roll over clothes or skin. It has an ergonomic design making it easy to hold.
Performance: It works extremely well for treating back pain, shin splints, sore muscles, plantar fasciitis, and also for treating lactic build up. It is easy to use and the videos and other aids do help a lot.
Features: Built from high-quality steel core, it can withstand the highest of pressure. It is suitable for treating restless leg syndrome, and for trigger point therapy.
Specs: The product weighs around 11.2 ounces and comes with an overall specification of 17.5 inches x 1.5 inches x 1.5 inches.
5. Tiger Tail 22″ Rolling Muscle Massager (FFP) – Review
Tiger Tail 22″ Rolling Muscle Massager (FFP) – is the best roller massage stick easy to carry for travel.
Design: For those who are looking at an easy to carry and ergonomically designed rolling muscle device, choosing this could be a good decision. It is lightweight and can easily fit into your travel bag. It is akin to having a qualified massage therapist inbuilt on a stick.
Performance: its performance is extremely comfortable, effective and gentle. It comes with the famous Tiger Tail cushioned foam which is muscle and skin friendly. However, it is extremely effective on muscle knots and muscle injuries and spasms. It prevents pinches, bruising and other such problem often associated with a cheap roller massage stick.
Features: It has been designed in such a way that it makes rolling easy and removes fatigue and tiredness from the hands and fingers. This is because of the firm muscle roller material which helps in even distribution of weight and pressure.
Specs: The product comes with an overall weight of 14.4 ounces which is quite light and easily portable. It has a superb dimension of 1-inch x 1-inch x 1-inch making it one of the lightest and leanest muscle toning and massage device in the market today.
4. Tiger Tail Roadster – 11 Inches – Review
Tiger Tail Roadster -11 Inches – is the best for back and shoulders massage
Design: it is a single piece foam rolling pin and does away with the need for plastic rollers. Plastic rollers are notorious for bruises all over the body. It is ergonomically designed and the color combination is bright and attractive.
Performance: It is perfectly suited for warming up exercises before getting into practice mode. It helps to improve muscle flexibility and stay away from sore muscles. It is easy to clean and can be wiped clean with a rag and liquid soap.
Features: It comes with a solid surface which allows you to massage and roll the entire muscles. Not much pressure is required to be applied because of the unique design features. It helps in removing knots and offers relief to sore muscles.
Specs: It measures just around 7.2 ounces making it perfectly suitable for easy portability. The non slip grip is also a point to be taken note of.
3. The Muscle Stick Original Massage Roller – Review
The Muscle Stick Original Massage Roller – is the best librajoy trigger point muscle roller stick
Design: Though it is not a foam roller, it is perfectly suited for deep tissue massaging. It works better than foam roller and is suitable for sore and aching muscles. It is perfectly designed to cater to various parts of the body. The ergonomic design and color combinations make it perfect in more ways than one.
Performance: It promises high-quality performance and is recommended as the best roller massage stick for muscle relief, muscle pain, knots and other such common problems. It works as a personal trainer and helps to stretch the muscles and tissues professionally.
Features: It comes with divisions in the rolling pin. This is extremely useful for exerting pressure and helping in deep tissue massaging. It is one of the few massaging roller devices which help to improve blood flow to various parts of the body.
Specs: Comes in bright orange color and the handles are black in color. They both make a perfect combination. The handles are ergonomically designed to make it easy to hold them.
2. Top Rated Muscle Roller Stick (18.3″) – Review
Top Rated Muscle Roller Stick (18.3″) – best muscle roller for runners
Design: It arguably could be the best muscle roller for runners and sportspersons. This is because of the ergonomic design features. The design has been done in such a way that it helps to release myofascial trigger points.
Performance: It helps in offering the best possible deep tissue massage as far as foot, calf, sciatica, legs, back and shoulders are concerned. it can work well for shin splints, RLS, sciatica, and various other problems. It also is known to work for tennis elbow.
Features: It comes with exclusive features which play a big role in releasing muscle tension, and also helps to stimulate the muscles for better circulation. This goes a long way in improving flexibility and mobility and also range of motion.
Specs: The product comes with a weight of 8 ounces and has a total dimension of 18.3 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches. Hence it is light and is ergonomically and sleekly designed. Carrying it around while on the move is not a big problem at all.
1. Elite Muscle Roller Stick – Review
Elite Muscle Roller Stick – Is The Best Cheap Roller Massage Stick in 2017
Design: If you are on the lookout for a cheap roller massage stick it makes sense to have a closer look at this product. The roller has been designed in such a way that it helps to increase blood flow. It is also decently designed and has an attractive combination of colors.
Performance: If you are looking to reduce muscle soreness it makes perfect sense to choose this product. It helps to keep the muscles and connective tissues supple and fully dehydrated. It therefore, hastens the healing process.
Features: It comes with fantastic design features which help reduce muscle soreness and helps you to get back in shape within the shortest period of time. It also helps to break up scar tissue and hastens the process of healing.
Specs: Amongst the other things the product comes with an instructional video which helps you to use the roller properly and optimize its benefits. It weighs 3.2 ounces and has a total dimension of 18.2 inches x 1.4 inches x 1.4 inches.
Stick Massage And What Is It
If you are suffering from sore muscles and stiffness of the tissues and other such problems, stick massage could be used to give relief and help loosen the muscles and improve blood flow.
- Muscle Roller Stick And What Is It? Mainly used by physiotherapists, chiropractors and other such professionals muscle roller stick are extremely useful for back pain, leg pain, knots, and cellulite treatments and also for treating body cramp. It is suitable where there is need for deep tissue or myofascial release massage is the need of the hour.
- What Types Of Common Injuries Can The Stick Help Prevent And Rehabilitate? Sportspersons in particular and others in general can stand to benefit a lot from the massage stick. It is specifically useful for treating superficial and deeply set muscle spasms and injuries which are not very serious in nature. It could range from sprains, knots, muscle fatigue, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, and RLS or restless leg syndrome just to name a few.
How Do I Use A Foam Roller?
There are many ways and means by which you can use the foam roller. The most common method is to sit with your legs spread out. The foam roller should be placed under the leg. You must bend your knee and cross the ankle over the other if needed. Your hands must be used to balance your body and it must be behind you. You must roll up and down your knee and try and reach the butt cheek. It must be done on both the legs if there is a need for it.
- How Do I Foam Roll?The foam roll is suited for self-use. You have to bend your knees and as mentioned above cross one leg over the other and ensure that the ankle is over the knee. Ensure that the weight is shifted to one side of the crossed leg. Roll over your glutes and do so till you feel tension. The same things should be repeated on the other side. It could also be used to roll your lower pack, side legs, shoulder, and other parts of the body.
- Explain How The Stick Can Help Athletes. Are There Any Sports In Particular Where The Stick Has Been Particularly Beneficial? Athletes in particular can stand to benefit a lot from these muscle massage sticks. They often suffer from injuries and when it comes to treating them, these sticks can be extremely useful. Further, sticks can also be extremely useful before exercises to make the muscles relaxed and flexible.
- What Can You Expect The Feel After The First Few Times Using The Stick? Depending on the way it is used, it is quite possible that you might feel relaxed and your muscles could feel soothed after you use a these muscle sticks in the right manner. It could improve blood flow to the muscles and tissues and help them to come back to their original shape.
- Who Can Benefit From Using A Massage Stick? Almost anybody who suffers from minor muscle injuries, back pain, sciatica, restless leg syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome, and other such problems can benefit from massage sticks. They also can help in muscle spasms and muscle sprains and ligament pulls.
- How Do Massage Sticks Amplify The Effects Of Massage? There are a number of benefits as far as these devices are concerned. When you spend time and choose the best roller massage sticks for muscle relief, it could be helpful in improving flexibility, circulation of blood, reduction in pain and inflammation, improvement in sleep and also for decreased tension.
Where Is This Product Made? And What Is The Length Please?
The product is made by almost all reputed manufacturers of physiotherapy products and also by those who supply products for sport training and other such purposes. The length of these sticks could range from 12 inches and could also go up to 18 inches depending on specific needs and requirements.
- Is The Massage Stick Is Flexible Or Bendable? No usually they are no bendable or flexible, because that will defeat the very purpose of using them. The main objective of the roller is to exert pressure on the focal points and ensure that the stiffened muscles and tissues get the right massage. This is especially true in case of deep-seated muscles and tissues. Hence the purpose will not be served if they are flexible and bendable. It comes with a rod and rotating disks.
- Can I Pack In A Carry-On Bag? Flying For A Marathon And Wanted To See If Anyone Has Trouble With This? Almost all modern day massage sticks are designed in such a way that they can easily be carried and ported around. They are ergonomic in design features and can easily fit into the suitcase. They also come with special packing devices making the job all the more easy for you.
Compare Massage Stick Vs Foam roller
Both the foam roller and the massage stick perform the same function. However, when there is a need for full body massage and there is a need to cover a wider circumference in one massage and press, foam roller would be suggested. On the other hand, massage stick is perfectly suited for removing knots and also for deep rooted massage focusing on certain specific areas of the body.
- What Is A Theracane? Theracane is a great method to release myofascial trigger points. It is also suitable for those looking to go in for a self-massage. It also helps in bringing restricted tissue function by relaxing the tissues and improving blood flow. It is generally made from high-quality fiberglass material. It can be used for various trigger points of the body where there is a mass of muscles and adjoining tissues. It also can help in giving relief to tendons and ligaments which are connected to muscles.
- Has Anyone Used This For Iliotbial Band Tightness? If So, Did It Help? Also known as ITBS Iliotibial Band Syndrome or tightness is one of the major causes of lateral knee pain. It usually impacts the outer side of the knee and the pain can radiate up to the thigh. Amongst the many options available massage sticks could give some much-needed relief especially if it is done by a professional. It should massage the deep tissues and muscles. It can reduce tightness but the process can be painful. It should be done along with other treatment approaches suggested by the physiotherapist.
- I Don’t Think It Would Hurt It; There’s Nothing Metal On It? While there is a common perception that massage sticks do not hurt, it would again depend on the material that it is made of. If you choose a cheap roller massage stick made from plastic and other material, it could lead to plucking of hair and get stuck in areas where there is excessive growth of hair. When it twitches and pulls the hair, it could be really painful. Hence you must be careful about the base material of these sticks and should never compromise on the same.
- Does The Roller Section Move Or Is The Whole Stick Stationary? In most cases the roller section also moves as you move it along the various parts of the body.